DUCKLINGS ON THE WAY!!!

I am sorry I don’t know what you mean by that?
when you look at the egg can you see where the duckling is working on the shell that is called external pipping the first internal pip where they chew through the membrane next they start chipping away at the shell all of this can take up to 36-48 hrs ducklings take their sweet time hatching.

when you look at the egg can you see where the duckling is working on the shell that is called external pipping the first internal pip where they chew through the membrane next they start chipping away at the shell all of this can take up to 36-48 hrs ducklings take their sweet time hatching.
Ok so they all can hatch different days

They can I had a Muscovy hatch her egg taking 3 days until she finally gave up and left the nest with her ducklings the last one died in the shell. Be sure to put feed and water[a safe waterer] close by mama and ducklings so they can eat and drink while mom is still sitting. Mama can eat starter it is actually good for her after brooding for so long.
if she is still sitting after the first have been hatched a few days it would be a good idea to candle the remaining eggs to see if any are going to hatch. Not a good idea to just let her continue to sit if the rest aren't going to hatch.

here is a video I found on youtube

this is a chick hatching but shows what in external pip look like
https://chickenandchicksinfo.com/chick-pipped-but-not-hatching/

Last edited:
guys!! One of my ducklings is not doing so good. So I woke up this morning and found her abandoned by her mother Daisy. But she is doing ok now stay with me with her for some updates

image.jpg
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom