Ducks abnormal behavior after water

Cassidykassis_88

Chirping
Jan 9, 2020
My ducks have access to water all day, but I’ve noticed when I give them clean water at the end of the day they alwyas to crazy after drinking it. I used to give them food at all times but they started “choking” at the end of day when I have them fresh water. I then took out the food and for a week or two there was no choking but today I noticed they were going crazy after the fresh water why is this anyone have a answer?

I don't know exactly what you are asking, but I know my ducks always enjoyed fresh water. Seems like if they see fresh water, they do go nuts and have to make it dirty as fast as possible. Also, I always gave fresh water to my ducks when I fed them. I never saw any duck chocking on their food, but I do believe they need good water to wash their food down.

As far as the "crazy", do you give your birds fresh water or is it tap water with chlorine still in it? If you are using tap water with chlorine, I would recommend you have a pail of water sitting overnight and letting it gas off. When I had tropical aquarium fish, they always said let the tap water stand for a day or two before putting the fish in the tank.

My ducks have access to water all day, but I’ve noticed when I give them clean water at the end of the day they alwyas to crazy after drinking it. I used to give them food at all times but they started “choking” at the end of day when I have them fresh water. I then took out the food and for a week or two there was no choking but today I noticed they were going crazy after the fresh water why is this anyone have a answer?

I'm with @gtaus on this. Exactly what behavior are they exhibiting that you're defining as "crazy?" What specifically are they doing?

In this case I read the OP's post and learned that I didn't really have enough detail to nail down what "crazy" actually meant in terms of specific behavior? So I asked a couple of questions to try to get that detail.

And if/once I get that detail, I'm going to use it to try to seek out knowledge of the behaviors in question and share that knowledge, with a link to it, in this thread.

And I'm going to keep doing stuff like that in other threads. So, yeah, there I am again doing what I can to try to help people.

In this case I read the OP's post and learned that I didn't really have enough detail to nail down what "crazy" actually meant in terms of specific behavior? So I asked a couple of questions to try to get that detail.

And if/once I get that detail, I'm going to use it to try to seek out knowledge of the behaviors in question and share that knowledge, with a link to it, in this thread.

And I'm going to keep doing stuff like that in other threads. So, yeah, there I am again doing what I can to try to help people.
You dont have any ducks? Did you have them growing up?

You dont have any ducks? Did you have them growing up?

Nope, no first-hand duck-raising experience at all. I'm very much a wannabe who doesn't have a situation that allows him to be a "gonnabe." Still, I have hope that my situation will eventually change to allow that. So, I've been focused on doing a lot of research. When I answer questions or offer advice, that comes from people way more experienced and knowledgeable about ducks than I am. I also generally try to post links to "cite my sources" though sometimes if knowledge seems "common" enough (ducklings need heat, ducks poop a lot, etc.), I don't bother.

I help people all the time when I actually can give good information from first-hand knowledge to whatever problem they are having. If I don't know, I keep my mouth shut or I tag someone that I think does know how to help with the problem.

I help people all the time when I actually can give good information from first-hand knowledge to whatever problem they are having. If I don't know, I keep my mouth shut or I tag someone that I think does know how to help with the problem.

That's perfectly fine. For my part when I see a "Please help me!!" thread, I use the internet to cast a wider net to get them some help/info ASAP - assuming they haven't already gotten sufficient aid. I don't represent myself as some kind of duck expert. I just give people what I find. And as far as I can tell, it's worked pretty so far.

Back
Top Bottom