Ducks in winter. SHARE PICS AND VIDEOS!!!

Agreed. Its nice to see people who are now in a much better position than myself. Gives me something to look forward to :D

We've had almost no snow here in the mountains of North Carolina. My Ancona ducks deal with cold weather better than my chickens. On really cold days the chickens stay in the coop. The ducks stay outside as long as I let them. At night I shoo them into the coop. Even in cold rain they stay outside.

We've had almost no snow here in the mountains of North Carolina. My Ancona ducks deal with cold weather better than my chickens. On really cold days the chickens stay in the coop. The ducks stay outside as long as I let them. At night I shoo them into the coop. Even in cold rain they stay outside.
Did you get the sleet yesterday? it is about 2" deep here and looks like snow till you try to walk on it.

Thankfully here in london they prepared after last years slat shortage all all the chaos.. but last year it was no winter wonderland it was more like icy death....

Oh wow they are very similar. Either way remarkably beautiful birds, Your very lucky and must be very proud :D

My geese mange to slide into the back patio..

Hope looking at the sleet and wondering when it is all going away...
Thankfully here in london they prepared after last years slat shortage all all the chaos.. but last year it was no winter wonderland it was more like icy death....
We still can't drive out completely iced in, hopefully today we'll get some melt down and then tonight their calling for more.
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Just had to share some more pics I just took (I now have more photos of my ducks than I do of my grandkids, guess because the ducks are always here!). Sunny here today and 20*F and my Khakis are loving it. Little do they know we are expecting sleet for the next day and one-half starting tonight.

Here he comes with some treats!

We are only here for the lettuce.

Now it's time for some jet ski racing!

Back
Top Bottom