Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

I may have the odd Lab out, but mine is not very food oriented. Of course treats and cheese she goes crazy for, but actual dog food? She's never really liked it well enough to gorge herself, except for when we got her from the pound and she was a bit underweight. Truthfully sometimes she'll eat her breakfast food and not eat dinner until the next morning or not eat breakfast until evening. And she's had all sorts of brands, from Purina to Blu. She's never had the stereotypical Lab weight problem, despite the fact that her dog aggressive behavior prevented her from being taken on walks. Of course now at 12 years old she's a little bit overweight as she sleeps most of the day, but she's definitely not one of those round roly-poly type Labs that has to waddle around.

Moose our Lab at 4 is not roly poly but very stout all muscle..
the dogs are out most the time when it nice and we are out with them
4 of the go crazy we have 3 chuck it's that give oomph to throwing
we all do it at once at least 3 times a week for about an hour each time
even our 2 8 plus years olds love the game

That's funny mine was terrible at "fetch" she didn't really seem to understand the concept, but she used to love to play soccer. Now she'll chase the ball once or twice and then pretend she can't find it, so she doesn't have to play anymore. She also always makes a beeline towards the door when we're outside. Guess she loves the AC as much as the rest of us.

Does your Lab love to sunbathe? Lacy always did that when she was younger, she'd go and lie out in the middle of the sun even though it was blazing hot.

Sorry, forgot to reply haha but that's good your dogs aren't roly poly :) and sorry, I didn't mean to imply that all labs were. Just that a lot do have a tendency to love food and a lot of people do tend to over feed them or love them with people food, etc. But it's not just labs, people do it with any dog. It's sad. I have no doubt there's quite a few picky Labs out there. Gator can be picky but lately we've found kibbles he likes I think.

And Gator sunbathes too lol

Moose is not the food crazy one most the time not say he does not undereat
but he like all of our animals are fed but not overfed

Moose is not the food crazy one most the time not say he does not undereat
but he like all of our animals are fed but not overfed

That makes sense and is how most animals should be but unfortunately lots overfeed or dont exercise, although i dont entirely blame owners since most of the grocery store brand and any dog food bag recommend waaaaaayyyy too much food. Plus it's loaded with fillers and carbs lots of it so they're not only eating more but also more fattening foods so it's no wonder lol

Thats a good idea! But most people I know don't care for fresh, only cheap. I'm thinking of getting certified to sell eggs to resteraunts and stores since its only a class and test.
Those poor people don't know any better. They're not used to actual flavor. Kind of like people who prefer the mushy, tasteless store-bought franken chickens over home grown chicken with flavor and texture. It's all in what you're used to, I guess.

We once had a hen who we had named Lucky after she fell off of a Tyson truck. After we'd had her for about 6 months she stopped laying for a few days and finally laid a HUGE egg. It had multiple eggs inside. Sort of like a nesting doll. In total, that egg had 9 yokes. In the end, passing that egg killed her but at least she had those extra six months to live happily.
Aww that's really sad but at least you found her and she lived happily! I wonder how many chickens fall off chicken trucks... and forgive my extreme ignorance here, ironic on this thread, but when you say Tyson truck do you mean a meat bird they were gonna kill or does Tyson have egg chickens? If it's the former, I didn't know meat chickens laid eggs.
Yes, she was clearly a meat bird. We used to say when she walked she looked like Godzilla attacking.
lau.gif
For the first month she never realized that she could leave the coop. Despite putting food and water in the coop, she actually lost weight before she realized that she was now a free-range bird. Once she did, she only went in to lay. She slept with the dog and cat in the doghouse. In fact, I think she decided she liked the dog's life much better. She behaved just like the dog. If we went out at 2am, she'd come out of the dog house and wouldn't go back in until we did. Of course with the life that she saw most chickens have, I can't really blame her.

Sorry, forgot to reply haha but that's good your dogs aren't roly poly
smile.png
and sorry, I didn't mean to imply that all labs were. Just that a lot do have a tendency to love food and a lot of people do tend to over feed them or love them with people food, etc. But it's not just labs, people do it with any dog. It's sad. I have no doubt there's quite a few picky Labs out there. Gator can be picky but lately we've found kibbles he likes I think.

And Gator sunbathes too lol

No offense taken and I've heard that there's genetic factor that some Labs have that makes them more prone to obesity.

The sunbathing is really amusing to me.

SHOCKING! you need to find better cooks to hang with. The flavor and results of cooking with fresh ALWAYS is worth the work and price of ingredients. . Farmers markets here sell out of fresh eggs very quickly, just like the best fresh produce. You get what you pay for in good food.

Those poor people don't know any better. They're not used to actual flavor. Kind of like people who prefer the mushy, tasteless store-bought franken chickens over home grown chicken with flavor and texture. It's all in what you're used to, I guess. 

The few people I have sold eggs to complained to me that they couldnt peel them like they could the store bought eggs when they boiled them. I tried to explain its because the eggs are fresh and the shell bonds are stronger because of that but they didn't believe me. I think they think my chicken's eggs are bad or something.

Our chickens aren't laying yet, so we had store bought eggs the other day. We hard boiled them. Hubby peeled, and when he came across one that was particularly difficult to peel he said "they must have accidentally put a fresh one in this carton." LOL

Back
Top Bottom