Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bacteria that grow in the potato salad when it is left out too long came from someplace. They may come from a contaminated egg, they may come from contamination in another ingredient and they may come from contaminated hands handling the food. But it's not just being left out of refrigeration.
Bacteria are on, around, and in everything unless it just came out of an autoclave. Some bacteria are toxic, some are not, some cause food spoilage, and some do not. Warmth and moisture allow bacteria to grow. This is why the first rule of safe food handling is to keep hot foods hot and cold foods cold. Even if your potato salad, or whatever, is sterile (which it is not) bacteria from the air will land on it. If conditions are right the bacteria will grow and multiply. Depending on what bacteria it is, it may or may not cause problems.

Bacteria are on, around, and in everything unless it just came out of an autoclave. Some bacteria are toxic, some are not, some cause food spoilage, and some do not. Warmth and moisture allow bacteria to grow. This is why the first rule of safe food handling is to keep hot foods hot and cold foods cold. Even if your potato salad, or whatever, is sterile (which it is not) bacteria from the air will land on it. If conditions are right the bacteria will grow and multiply. Depending on what bacteria it is, it may or may not cause problems.

Your prior statement was that food poisoning came not from contaminated eggs, but from being left out too long. You cannot simply rule out contaminated eggs as the source of the bacteria that caused the food poisoning, but you did. Bacteria grow faster in some temperature ranges than in others. Cold slows their growth down, enough heat kills them (but "enough" can be pretty extreme, depending on the bacteria) and, generally, they grow fastest at moderately warm temps - the range that people generally find comfortable is also comfortable for many bacteria.

My point was that you said the eggs were not the source - but you cannot know that.

Was that Sysko? The Truck Stop I worked at in College got most of their food from Sysco and some of the specialty meats from a place called Danko.

It was all quite processed.

Probably, I am a computer person so I think C when it is S is the food world.

My weird talk:
Friend: eww chickens are gross!
Me: why?
Friend: umm
Me: give me one good reason.
Friend: uh, they poop weird.
Me: ( look at her weird )
Other friend: Yeah their super weird!
Me: whats your reason then?
Other friend: umm...
Friends walk away

PEOPLE ARE SO CLUELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was mad that day, but I think I won that battle.
he.gif
I should be calling them "friends". I'm glad I have some real friends, too.

My weird talk:
Friend: eww chickens are gross!
Me: why?
Friend: umm
Me: give me one good reason.
Friend: uh, they poop weird.
Me: ( look at her weird )
Other friend: Yeah their super weird!
Me: whats your reason then?
Other friend: umm...
Friends walk away

PEOPLE ARE SO CLUELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was mad that day, but I think I won that battle.
he.gif
I should be calling them "friends". I'm glad I have some real friends, too.

are they supposed to sit on the tolet or something?

That's quiet funny. In curious how they find them pooping any weirder than say a cat or a dog. I mean its not like they stand on their heads to do it or such.

That's quiet funny. In curious how they find them pooping any weirder than say a cat or a dog. I mean its not like they stand on their heads to do it or such.

I do have to say that they do find ways to poop in the strangest places. I have yet to figure out who is pooping in their hanging waterer. Not just who, but how. It's too high for it to be an accidental backed up on the waterer. The would have to stand on it but it has a rounded top. I would imagine it would take some balance and practice to be able to poop while standing on a slippery surface that moves in the wind (and I live on top of a hill, it's always windy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom