Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also had a cold snap. It went all the way down to 83 degrees today.... :D

Last edited:
lau.gif
Here is our snow storm, shut down all the schools. Not kidding.

lau.gif
Here is our snow storm, shut down all the schools. Not kidding.

LOL.

I live in the St Louis area and trust me I will take the 10 inch snow falls over the small ones like this any day of the week here. The large ones people stay home and the schools shut down plus it can be plowed. These small ones like this every goes to work, some schools close and put a little traffic on it and the snow turns to solid sheets of ice. It's something they call a "flash freeze".
On Tuesday we had an inch of snow. My 25 minute commute turned into 1 hour and 35 minutes. Two of the secondary roads (non highway) roads I take to work were treacherous to say the least, nothing but ice!! I was literally within a quarter mile from my office building and it took 30 minutes from that point. The hill was ice covered. No one could get up it. We had to wait for MoDot to come along and manually spread sand on the hill. It was only 10 degrees so salt does not work.

Bears have the right idea, just sleep through it.

Living in a place where almost everyone puts on heavy sweaters or jackets if it gets down to 75 F, I am soooooo glad I'm not in the US this winter! Still I do have a funny story. Some years ago, I had a visitor from the US who wanted to see what a *real* African village was like. I warned her, that we would be guests and have to eat anything offered us (no fast food options- we eat what we're served or we don't eat) and how was she about eating meat? "No problem!"

Well the first day in the village, our hosts caught a chicken to feed us (read: great honor since they don't often eat meat.) My poor friend unfortunately saw this--a little hard to miss since the children had to run the poor thing down- chickens living pretty much wild. So about an hour later, here comes our chicken dinner, but my friend couldn't eat it! I asked her why not,since she told me she eats chicken in the US. Basically the answer was that she had never associated "chicken" with the live bird! Seeing the living bird that was later put cooked before her was too much. Unfortunately meat of all kinds is offered to honored guests so it was a very long week for her with too little to eat. I think the palm rat we were served the next day was even worse than the chicken!

Living in a place where almost everyone puts on heavy sweaters or jackets if it gets down to 75 F, I am soooooo glad I'm not in the US this winter! Still I do have a funny story. Some years ago, I had a visitor from the US who wanted to see what a *real* African village was like. I warned her, that we would be guests and have to eat anything offered us (no fast food options- we eat what we're served or we don't eat) and how was she about eating meat? "No problem!"

Well the first day in the village, our hosts caught a chicken to feed us (read: great honor since they don't often eat meat.) My poor friend unfortunately saw this--a little hard to miss since the children had to run the poor thing down- chickens living pretty much wild. So about an hour later, here comes our chicken dinner, but my friend couldn't eat it! I asked her why not,since she told me she eats chicken in the US. Basically the answer was that she had never associated "chicken" with the live bird! Seeing the living bird that was later put cooked before her was too much. Unfortunately meat of all kinds is offered to honored guests so it was a very long week for her with too little to eat. I think the palm rat we were served the next day was even worse than the chicken!

I just want to say that we call 75 F summer here. There is a week or two of 80 F. I don't think I could handle hot temps anymore. We've talked about moving to a colder climate even.

Not chicken related but dumb.
During health class the teacher was talking about how saturated fats are in animal products.
".....and butter has saturated fat since it's an animal product."
Kid "oh, really?" (Incredulous voice)
Me "um yeah, cow, you know?"
Kid "oh....yeah...I knew that...."
Me "......:th....."
He didn't know that butter came from cow! I blame grocery stores and advertising.

Not chicken related but dumb.
During health class the teacher was talking about how saturated fats are in animal products.
".....and butter has saturated fat since it's an animal product."
Kid "oh, really?" (Incredulous voice)
Me "um yeah, cow, you know?"
Kid "oh....yeah...I knew that...."
Me "......
th.gif
....."
He didn't know that butter came from cow! I blame grocery stores and advertising.

I saw in the grocery store a bin of water mellons with stickers lableing them as cholesteral free, reall? when did water mellons ever cantain oil or animal byproducts????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom