Dumbo rats? Found Breeder, pics added which to choose?

Quote:
we had 2 hairless ones, they FREEZE in winter lol I was always making them fleece hammocks and tubes to play in because they chew them up quick! lol

The hairless in the 3rd picture pulls at my heart strings...SO cute! I bet we come home with more than two..Heck theres only 5...maybe they'll give me a deal if I take them all...and we are a family of 5 so everyone could hold one..no arguing..hmmm

Quote:
Good plan! And ya gotta dress up the little hairless one and post pics for us...
big_smile.png

Too bad your so far away
sad.png
I breed dumbos in mink in berk & variegated, hairless in surprise colors, and I plan to start a powder & American blue line in Dec or Jan as well as Siamese in blue & seal points. Anyways I'm not familiar with the Canadian breeders & I'm not positive but I think pet rats may be illegal in some parts of Canada but anyways id just google Canadian rat breeders or look for a breeder in the US close to where you live. If your close to Michigan id definitely look up Rat Dippity Rattery ( www.ratdippityrattery.com ). The gal's name is Kat & she has some of the best dumbos I know of with awesome colors & markings. Sorry I cant be of more help but if you do happen to contact Kat say that Dina sent you lol.

ETA: Just realized that you found someone lol. From the pics I like the HL & the one that looks like a Russian silver or powder blue. Also look very carefully at faces & of course personalities. What I mean about the faces is that longer faces & noses tend to have more respiratory problems than other rats becuz it means thinner nasal passages. Hope this helps & I'm happy you found a breeder that you approve of
smile.png

Last edited:
We go to "see" them on wednesday. One has since been sold. I hope it was one of the darker grey ones,since I really liked the lighter grey one! Will probably pick up the remaing 4. If we take 3, 1 will be left by herself, plus the cost is 10each or 15 for a same sex pair... It only makes economical sence to get all four.... Rat math seems earily similar to chicken math...we're in for it!

Back
Top Bottom