Dust baths and grit for chicks?

Wow, I guess everyone has different experiences!
lau.gif
My little six pack stay pretty close to one another and pretty close to me. I did hatch these out myself, so they have imprinted on me as being their mama figure (kind of sort of). I've even gone clear across the yard and didn't get them to run off. When they feel like it, they will follow me closely, so I have to be careful not to step on them.
smile.png
Teehee I'm old and the parts that still work hurt while they're working! If I wake up in the morning and something doesn't hurt, I usually call the doctor because whatever it was quit! LOL So even these little ladies can outrun me!! (Shoot, my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter has been in a wheelchair since she was 9 months old and SHE can outrun me! LOL) For the most part mine are pretty good too....not as good as yours are about sticking close but we're getting there...that must be terrific to have them want to be so close. As I get more experienced I sure hope that happens with mine, too!
barnie.gif

It supposed to warm up here in RI Saturday to 60 so I will give them a shot outdoors. Their getting big enough where I need to make a bigger brooder. When the right time to put them in the coop

Thanks for asking about the grit! Everyones input on here helped DH and I decide on whether or not to buy some before our chicks arrival. As first timers ourselves we had no idea if we needed it or not. We visited our local Tractor SUpply Co. store and the cashier told us that she has never used grit and her birds are fine, and the folks behind us chimed in and also stated that they did not use grits Neither parties fed their chickens table scraps at any time in their upraising. Such a shame I think, soo many flavors out there not to share!!

Happy Spring!

Back
Top Bottom