Early morning attack, Please help!

I would give her as much as you can get her to take, just go slowly, a bit at a time. Might take you a while first time out. Recommended amounts for rehydrating a bird is 30ml/kg orally every 6 -8 hours (1 pound = .45 kg, so 60 ml per pound every 6 - 8 hours). If you can get around 10 ml in her every hour, or 5 ml every half hour, that would be good for a 5 lb bird. Honestly, do what you can, any amount will help. Let her rest quietly between times. She's going to be stressed, try to keep it to a minimum, but you do have to get fluids in her. You are doing fine, everything is hard the first time, and it's stressful when it's your animal. Having some fight in her is not a bad thing. Once she's had a bit of a rest, you might want to go over her again, looking for any injuries that may have been missed. Punctures can be hard to find, and they can hide in feathers. It's often hard to predict what kind of injuries they can have, they can be pulled, crushed/squeezed, shaken, bitten/punctured, etc. You are giving her what she needs, the rest is out of your control. I find that the calmer I am, slow deliberate movements, soft calm voice (talk nonsense to them- or yourself if it helps) will often calm them some. If they get upset, I just give them a moment, take some breaths, and then start slowly again.

I would give her as much as you can get her to take, just go slowly, a bit at a time. Might take you a while first time out. Recommended amounts for rehydrating a bird is 30ml/kg orally every 6 -8 hours (1 pound = .45 kg, so 60 ml per pound every 6 - 8 hours). If you can get around 10 ml in her every hour, or 5 ml every half hour, that would be good for a 5 lb bird. Honestly, do what you can, any amount will help. Let her rest quietly between times. She's going to be stressed, try to keep it to a minimum, but you do have to get fluids in her. You are doing fine, everything is hard the first time, and it's stressful when it's your animal. Having some fight in her is not a bad thing. Once she's had a bit of a rest, you might want to go over her again, looking for any injuries that may have been missed. Punctures can be hard to find, and they can hide in feathers. It's often hard to predict what kind of injuries they can have, they can be pulled, crushed/squeezed, shaken, bitten/punctured, etc. You are giving her what she needs, the rest is out of your control. I find that the calmer I am, slow deliberate movements, soft calm voice (talk nonsense to them- or yourself if it helps) will often calm them some. If they get upset, I just give them a moment, take some breaths, and then start slowly again.

Thank you for your support and encouragement. It really means a lot. :hugs

I'm afraid this is not looking good and I'm beginning to feel that putting her done would be a better option then letting her suffer. I just don't know if I can do it and my husband had to go so he's not here to do it for me, Man I hate this :hit:hit:hit:hit:hit I tried again to syringe her by myself and she was having no part in it, also it's really hard for me to hold her, her head up right and beak open at the same time. He neck and head are very floppy, Here are a couple of pics I took while trying to hold her in an upright position. Every time I try to push her head upright it just falls over and flops back. Always to the same side. I'm so heart broken:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit

IMG_20190728_125105445.jpg

IMG_20190728_125139899.jpg

Back
Top Bottom