early pipping--WE HAVE A CHICK!

awhitfield627

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 21, 2010
Burlington, NC
I've never had any pip early! One was pipping yesterday at day 17, but I think it has died. I haven't seen any more movement or any sign that it is still alive in the egg. I have another pipping today and there were 5 more rocking and rolling yesterday. I am worried because it was early. Since they were moving I didn't turn them anymore after I saw the first pipping. I have heard 2 different things, don't turn after day 17, and don't turn after day 18. Which one is right? I've done this before, but usually it's textbook and I don't have any problems. The past 3 or 4 times I've incubated, either none hatched, or they died early. I'm almost ready to give up!

Last edited:
I hope you still have a great turn-out. Got my fingers crossed for you.
fl.gif
Hopefully someone on here can give you some useful advice for your situation. Just don't give up!!! Try, try, try again.
thumbsup.gif
Good luck!

It's stop turning at day 18, or at first pip. If yours are pipping early, it's possible your temp was a little high.

And we have our first chick!!! Woo hoo!!!! The kids probably scared the poor little thing to death they were screaming so loud!!!
jumpy.gif

I have one more with a pip and two more rocking and rolling!!

Back
Top Bottom