early pipping--WE HAVE A CHICK!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by awhitfield627, Jul 26, 2010.

1. awhitfield627

awhitfield627 Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2010
    Burlington, NC
    I've never had any pip early! One was pipping yesterday at day 17, but I think it has died. I haven't seen any more movement or any sign that it is still alive in the egg. I have another pipping today and there were 5 more rocking and rolling yesterday. I am worried because it was early. Since they were moving I didn't turn them anymore after I saw the first pipping. I have heard 2 different things, don't turn after day 17, and don't turn after day 18. Which one is right? I've done this before, but usually it's textbook and I don't have any problems. The past 3 or 4 times I've incubated, either none hatched, or they died early. I'm almost ready to give up!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  2. Lesalynn

Lesalynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Darnell, Louisiana
    I hope you still have a great turn-out. Got my fingers crossed for you. [​IMG] Hopefully someone on here can give you some useful advice for your situation. Just don't give up!!! Try, try, try again. [​IMG] Good luck!

3. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    It's stop turning at day 18, or at first pip. If yours are pipping early, it's possible your temp was a little high.

4. awhitfield627

May 21, 2010
    Burlington, NC
    And we have our first chick!!! Woo hoo!!!! The kids probably scared the poor little thing to death they were screaming so loud!!![​IMG]
    I have one more with a pip and two more rocking and rolling!!

5. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Way to go! [​IMG]

6. turningchicken

turningchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    Just wondering if any more of your rockers have made it out? [​IMG] Congratulations on the first!!

7. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Congrats [​IMG] goo chickies

8. awhitfield627

May 21, 2010
    Burlington, NC
    We have 2 now!! [​IMG] Haven't seen any action in the rockers from last night, but it is only day 20. I'm still holding out for them![​IMG]

9. Supermommy486

Supermommy486 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    South Central Texas
    Woo hoo!!!!

10. TyrannosaurusChix

TyrannosaurusChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    OMG... OMG!!! [​IMG] CHICKEN BABIES!!!!
    ]CHICKEN BABIES!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by