Easter Egger suddenly stops laying eggs

califarmgirl

Chirping
6 Years
May 7, 2013
Inland Valley, CA
Hi. My easter egger has been laying for a month and a half, then suddenly stopped and then nothing for three weeks. She's still gobbling down food and calcium. There's no lumps I can feel that would indicate egg binding. I thought it was the weather but one of my silkies just started laying. I'm in Southern California so the weather is still warm. This started when I sold two black stars that were also laying. She didn't get along with them so I thought she would be happy having the nest boxes to herself. Other than not laying she seems perfectly fine. Any idea what could be going on?

1. she may be lonely, or because of the sudden change in her environment she has stopped laying because of stress of change!
2. she may be molting
3. some chicken breeds only lay eggs once in a while, I'd check on the laying habits of your chickens breed...

Hope that helps a little! Good luck!

1. she may be lonely, or because of the sudden change in her environment she has stopped laying because of stress of change!
2. she may be molting
3. some chicken breeds only lay eggs once in a while, I'd check on the laying habits of your chickens breed...

Hope that helps a little!  Good luck!
Thank you. She is 7 months old and still has 6 chickens around her. I appreciate the response. :)

Back
Top Bottom