easter egger?

vsmenagerie

Songster
10 Years
Jul 23, 2011
MT
So, I ordered 5 "ameraucanas" from Ideal. Four of them, are like the chipmunk striped color..but then I have one that is white. She's starting to get a little color on her head and she has a dark spot near her tail. I got some pics, not the greatest since she was not super cooperative. Do they come in this color? I have no clue and Im curious!

Thanks
smile.png

9960cac0.jpg

6e9942cd.jpg

shes in the middle:
c57e90b5.jpg

2d72a099.jpg

2c3fa14f.jpg

Yes, they do come in that color, although I couldn't tell you whether that's what you've got there or not.

Ok thanks
big_smile.png
I am new to them, so wasnt really sure and had a friend ask about her lol It will be interesting to see how she turns out!

She'll probably be a goldish blonde on the front half, fading to white on her tail. That's a fairly common ee color so it's a good guess.

I have one from last year that started out similar to yours
47961_img_1320.jpg

47961_img_2153.jpg

this is how she ended up (and lays a nice green egg as well!)
47961_img_1472.jpg

47961_img_2294.jpg

have fun with your chicks! Part of the fun of easter eggers is waiting to see how they will turn out once grown!

She started out whiter then the buff orphingtons. My daughter swore she was one of them! LOL Do they all have the little cheek tufts from an early age? My others seem to have them, but she doesnt really.

Here are two of the others:

91e666d3.jpg

and boy is the one in the middle sort of bossy! Was funny watching them outside yesterday lol Its also fun seeing how much they have changed in the time they have been here!

Since posting this 5 days ago, she is getting more blonde colored on her head/neck but is now sporting some white/black feathers in her wings and above her tail...which I figured she would have a few, since she's had a dark spot above her tail since we got her.

I have a white Americana (EE?). She is
named Mary, however, I'm wondering if
she might be a Martin! At 9 weeks old, I'm
sure I'll find out soon. Which ever.. A beautiful
bird!

Back
Top Bottom