Eastern NYS Poultry Association Cobleskill,NY September 26th, 2010

My Black Silkie pullet and her mate, a Black cockerel. This'll be the largest show I've been to. Very excited!
smile.png
I'll be doing youth exhibiting, though. Still a junior.

I will be attending, I showed at the twin tiers show, but not bringing any birds to this one. I go to SUNY Cobleskill and my poultry science teacher is making it mandatory to attend (I planned on it anyway
big_smile.png
) My only problem is if I buy anything I will have to run it home the come right back to school, but it will be worth it! Looking foward to meeting some of you, even though I just joined it's great to have other poultry people to talk to!

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
I want to do something with animal Bio in my career, and a few members of my 4H briefly mentioned Cobleskill as a possible school. I wanted to stay within NYS. What can you tell me about it? In words a junior in High School could understand.

I didn't know they even had such a class as poultry science! It'd be nice to meet you while we're there!
frow.gif

Quote:
Good Luck with them!
big_smile.png

5 more days.
smile.png

Plan on bathing all the birds friday afternoon. Still need to pick up another bag or two of shavings. Put all the carriers in the car last weekend to make sure they would all fit.

So, what is everybody bringing to sell?

Quote:
Good Luck with them!
big_smile.png

5 more days.
smile.png

Plan on bathing all the birds friday afternoon. Still need to pick up another bag or two of shavings. Put all the carriers in the car last weekend to make sure they would all fit.

Will be bringing SILKIESSILKIESSILKIESSILKIES!!!!!!!

Went through the birds yesterday, have tons of started chicks here! White,Blue,Splash,Black etc. Also partining out with Calico Cockerals,Cuckoo have a few Splash/Lav chicks as well. Maybe some wyandotte bantams coming and largefowl goldenlaced wyandottes too.

Also bathing birds on Friday. Noticed my roo's wing is looking a little funky. Kinda nerve-wracking, but I didn't hold much hope for him anyway. The best I can hope for it someone's experienced opinion on why it looks odd. Gosh, I wish my white matured quicker...

Have nothing worth selling, but I'm lucky enough to have 3 or 4 birds with bumblefoot, 2 new birds in quarantine (who previously had mites and came from a bad home-setting), and half of the spending money that I had yesterday, thanks for a pricey bumblefoot cure.
lol.png
I really wanted to take home some birds. Very disappointing.

Not good omens in my book. If my hen manages not to screw up I'll be happy though. Very busy during the winter season. High school always brings a big workload.

..But still, 5 days!!! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Brody's Broodello :

Quote:
Good Luck with them!
big_smile.png

5 more days.
smile.png

Went through the birds yesterday, have tons of started chicks here! White,Blue,Splash,Black etc. Also partining out with Calico Cockerals,Cuckoo have a few Splash/Lav chicks as well. Maybe some wyandotte bantams coming and largefowl goldenlaced wyandottes too.​

Do you have any LF BLRW that you are planning to bring? My Wife really wants some and her birthday is coming up!
big_smile.png

I hope this show is better than the one they had during the state fair, was really disappointed when we went.

Quote:

Went through the birds yesterday, have tons of started chicks here! White,Blue,Splash,Black etc. Also partining out with Calico Cockerals,Cuckoo have a few Splash/Lav chicks as well. Maybe some wyandotte bantams coming and largefowl goldenlaced wyandottes too.

Do you have any LF BLRW that you are planning to bring? My Wife really wants some and her birthday is coming up!
big_smile.png

I hope this show is better than the one they had during the state fair, was really disappointed when we went.

Sorry none right now, but there was a lady in NY that had some nice one's she also raises Marans& Ameraucanas and for the life of me I can't remember her name. She maybe at the show, she was at the Semi-Annual show in May in OH, so she might her too.

Quote:

big_smile.png

Im sure you'll like this show much better than the fair.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom