Easy mouse eliminator. Cheap.

mosander

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 11, 2015
For mouse problems, the easiest solution is the Iron Kitty. It is a metal box with a hole on each side. Place along any wall. It is how we keep them out of our garage. Mice travel along walls. They pee as they travel and follow the scent on reverse course. Anyway. this is cheap, does not require any poison or bait. You can put peanut butter in but not necessary. Once inside the mouse is trapped. When a second mouse comes in, he eats the first one. You can check the box whenever but it holds a lot of mice. Here is a link. They are cheap. https://www.victorpest.com/victor-tin-cat-mouse-trap-m310s.

Several years ago, I got one of those and caught four mice right off the bat. Thrilled with how well they worked, I ordered two more.

The word must have gotten around Mouse World because that was the last time they worked. I've tried them many times since and nothing.

Now I use bucket roller traps and they work and keep on working.

Were you using the roller bucket trap? It's the roller at the top of the bucket that is the secret to its success. I made my own roller out of odds and ends I save. It works great. Recently, I bought the roller that's featured in this video since I wanted a second trap for my front porch. I filled the bucket with about four inches of water and dumped a cup of table salt in it so it won't freeze.

Yes I have that same thing. I used a 5 gallon bucket, drilled a hole for a metal rod that holds a piece of 3/4" pvc pipe with end caps on it. It rolls good and I believe it would work but I don't think any mice went up on the roller. I used cheese and peanut butter and I do know mice where in the area so I can't figure out why they wouldn't go up there.

I have success with snap traps and I have had mice that wouldn't set off a snap trap. I finally figured they were too little to trip it as sensitive as it was. I caught them with a glue trap.

I have also built the box with a stick, that when the stick is moved, the door falls down and traps them. Not sure what you call that type of trap. I have caught several with that trap. Actually I drowned them in the 5 gallon bucket for the roller trap.

No success with the bucket roller trap though but I haven't given up on it.

Did you place a stick so the mice would have a ramp up to the top of the bucket? I sometimes smear peanut butter at the base of the ramp to entice them to explore farther up the ramp. I also place the bucket next to a wall with the ramp snug against the wall. Mice prefer to follow along a wall instead of out in the open.

Yes I used a ramp but didn't place any bait at the foot of the ramp. I had the bucket along the fence of the run on the outside basically on the backside of where the chicken feeder is.

Back
Top Bottom