Easy to peel FRESH LAID hard boiled eggs!

I've been experimenting with a peeling technique and seem to be having much better luck. When you peel, crack it gently all over the shell then gently so you don't split the egg squeeze it all over. It seems to loosen the membrane from the egg making it easier to peel. Since I've started doing that I haven't had any eggs like the ones in the picture above and I used to get heaps. Worst I get is it sticking in a couple little spots.

I'd be curious to see if it works for anyone else so I know it's not that I'm just having a run of easy peel eggs lol

Last edited:
that is a very likely reason for your lack of success!!! adding a lid to your pots to increase the pressure and temp at which your water actually boils may help considerably.
I forgot to mention that, didn't I? Yep, pot's covered. Have to do that a lot because, as you have pointed out, water boils at a lower temperature here. Really messes up canning and making jams and jellies if you aren't careful. I might try the pressure cooker....hmmmmm

It took my hubby 10 minutes to peel an egg and even then it looked like the chicken themselves had peeled it.
This is familiar
lol.png
I made pickled eggs and the eggs inside look like they survived heavy artillery. Half of the eggs went with the shells, the membrane was stuck hard to egg, not stuck hard to shell.

It'll be a while before I do another big pot because I've got several jars of pickled eggs to get through, but I will try the bicarb in the water, and I'll give the cracking all over and squeezing a go, and the pressure cooker a go. I'll report back in 2020....

(If I was boiling a couple of eggs just to eat, I used to boil up the water and add the eggs, but when you are doing a huge pot of them, it's too much trouble to try to do it that way, and hard to time because by the time you get the 20th (or whatever) egg in there, the first one's already had more cooking time. All the "people" (Martha Stewart etc) on youtube say to bring the water to the boil with the eggs in it and it's the only way to do a huge pot, I think.)

I might try those bedevilled eggs though. I'm sure I could achieve something just like the photo.

All the "people" (Martha Stewart etc) on youtube say to bring the water to the boil with the eggs in it and it's the only way to do a huge pot, I think.)

if you want to do a big pot you add them with a sieve, it keeps you from dropping them in and cracking them or splashing the hot water out on you.

Back
Top Bottom