EATING GOOSE EGGS YAY OR NAY

alycececelia

Chirping
10 Years
Feb 7, 2013
Here is another question. We have 2 Africans and 2 Saddlebacks. Between them they are working on over 60 eggs (all in one communal nest) They have been laying since Feb 24. I haven't yet eaten an egg, but have read they are delicious. Would you recommend eating them, the weather has been cold and we just removed over 2 dozen as they were literally knocking the older eggs out of the nest.

According to what i've heard there meant to be tasty but ive never ate one myself if you have to many eggs, are these eggs fertile because then you could sell them or hatch them out? i don't have much experience with geese unfortunatelly!:-(

My sister raises geese and she sends me a dozen every couple of weeks. they taste just fine, I personally dont think they taste any different.

good idea about cracking in a separate bowl - the shells are generally so hard it's easy to get them into the bowl. I have found stirring them with a wisk works best because the yolks are quite thick (compared to chicken eggs). I've used them for omlets, quiche, and in puddings. My whole family really like them. One, just fried is almost too much for just one person to eat. Hope you enjoy them.

Yay!

Goose eggs are great for baking or cooking. I've had them scrambled, in quiches, omelettes, and cakes - yum!

I cannot taste any difference between chicken eggs and goose eggs. Goose eggs have a slightly larger yolk-to-white ratio than chicken eggs.

When I use them for baking, I weigh them. A standard chicken egg (w/o the shell) weighs about 50 grams; a large egg 60 grams. So if a recipe calls for three large eggs, it's 180 grams of egg.

Back
Top Bottom