Economy stinks..how bout some free eggs? PA - WINNERS pg 14

This is a wonderful thing that you are doing....Blessing others

Thank you for doing so...

Such a glorious gesture indeed for you to do this!
bow.gif
As for me, I enjoy the hatching process so much and to receive some of your beautiful eggs would be such a blessing. I enjoy raising chickens because it teaches our children many lessons such as responsibility, how hard work pays off and a love of animals.

I love everything you have, so choosing would be incredibly difficult for me. If I had to choose though, I
love.gif
anything Porcelain or Lavender, so those would be my choices from what you have.

Whomever receives these eggs will be thrilled to no end since you have such beautiful birds.
D.gif
Thank you again for showing such wonderful kindness.
thumbsup.gif
I'd most definitely
love.gif
to have some of Jennlyn4's Buff Silkie eggs - my hubby would be extatic!

Last edited:
Everyday I come on the Forum and read about people with problems like mine, someone usually has already asked the question I am too embarrassed to ask, pictures, projects, genetics, etc, etc, etc. I don't think I could have gotten any luckier than when I googled and came up with this site.

I think you are wonderful to offer these eggs. I read every entry from Miss Prissy's give away and my heart broke with some of those stories as well.

I don't need the eggs- I just wanted to say how sweet I think you are to offer them. So far I can only feed the neighbors but one day I hope to help others like my BYC "family" has helped me. Maybe one day I can donate my silkie eggs once they start laying. Wish us luck in the next show!

What a wonderful thing to do.... I am sure there are other people more deserving than I, But I LOVE your lavander orp project- (and RIR!) IF I am chosen, I have a coop with chickens, But my plans are in my community to donate all surplus (there will be a lot!) to food pantrys and the churches in my area.

Further, I am donating time in my community to help my neighbors with thier flocks and to create an easy way to set up "preditor proof" small coops for thos who cannot afford meat/eggs and to help them get started with about 1/2 doz good layers! For those who do not want to get chickens/coops I will donate eggs and meat.

I am contacting Habitat for Humanity and neighbors! to get volunteers in my community to assist in my "coop project" to help those in need with chickens and eggs/meat.

I would be honored to raise some beautiful lavander orps! God bless you!
thumbsup.gif

Jody and Charlie, I feel the same way you do. I worked hard last year to get the breeds I have and feel blessed to be surrounded by beautiful birds, and though I would dearly love to have some lavender orpington eggs to start my own breeding project... heck, ANY eggs from your beautiful flocks
bow.gif
... I just feel that there are others that are more deserving recipients of such a generous gesture. You guys are so sweet to offer something like this...

Now, if a bear comes through tomorrow and decimates my flock, I'll be calling you!
lol.png

hugs.gif

Last edited:
First off, let me say this is a wonderful thing you are doing. I know there are people more deserving than I am out there, but her goes my story.
I have had chickens ever since I was little. I have 8 separate pens to keep breeds separated. I used to have birds in every pen. The goats I had a few years ago ended up tearing up the wire on most of them. That let most of the birds out and predators got them before I could get them fixed. Most of my time was spent helping my parents that were ill. I lost both of my parents 2 years ago(3 months apart). I really have no family close by, but luckily, I met my fiancé a year and a half ago so I am not completely alone. The goats are now gone and I am remodeling my pens. My chicks are my get away therapy, it gives me something happy to think about. I received about 30 babies for Christmas to start my flock over. I love the bantams but I got mostly laying hens. Hopefully I will be able to sell some of the eggs to cover the cost of feed and will give to anyone that is needy. There was a buff Orpington roo that got mixed in the order. He is so calm and docile, I would like to add a few more like him. With the way the economy is I just haven’t been able to purchase eggs or chicks.
I would be honored to have any of your birds. And, good luck to everyone.

Right now i am trying to start a breeding project for my FFA project..and i dont have very much money. actually with these chickens i have spent money and gotten no return yet. i only have a few and would like some good show quality birds. and if not just some that i could just make a good breeding project out of.

I also have ordered eggs before and out of that bach only 7 hatched out of 11 eggs and i only have 2 left out of the seven.

THis is also the only thing that i have seen someone do that is so kind on here.

Last edited:
You have a Lavender Orpington project . I am learning about genetics, color, and breeding and hope to be able to pass on to others, the benefits of my projects. Thanks for your generosity.

I would like some from your lavender Orp project. I have had many projects in the past. One of my projects was a red Orp project. Imagine working on a project for 6 years along with others but this paticular project you just got right and saved back your best 2 roos along with your best 8 hens to continue the project next year. Then imagine going out to the hen house one octocber day and out of 40+ chickens you are now missing 11. Out of the 11 missing are both the red Orp roos and 2 of the hens with no trace of what happened. Then imagine going back out to feed a few days later and having another 8 missing without a trace. 2 more being red Orp hens includeing the best one and again no trace. I predator proofed the hen house better and put a lock on the door thinking they were being stolen. A week later I came out to find the window laying in the floor shattered with 9 more missing only leaving one red orp hen that was one generation back. Again I thought someone broke in again while I was working midnights. With in a months time and before I figured out it was a panther. I had four standard chickens left. My old red Orp hen, a red TN, a buff Orp and an old game hen I used for brooding purposes and a few bantams in a seperate pen. I then went to the pound and rescued 2 very large dogs, had them both fixed and have not had a predator issue since. I was so disapointed, all those years of work gone, that I just kept what I had left and did not get new chickens until last year. I still have 3 of the four loosing the game this year. She will be missed. I started rebuilding my flock last summer but it is so hard to get anything of good quality. I wanted BLRW's so bad and got 2 settings of eggs and was very disapointed that zero hatched. My company closed this year and things have been tough with my wife about to graduate college and a 2 year old. Jobs are not as easy to come by and I cant seem to get an interveiw no mater how many jobs I apply for. I have had to pawn and sell so much of my stuff just to get gas money, pay the bills and buy food for the animals. My wifes commutes 45 mins one way to school and even farther for clinicals so alot of it has went for gas leaving me about a quarter tank each time I go job hunting. I have even had to sell some of my adult chickens but refuse to get rid of the chicks. I have been selling eggs to feed them. I have always liked Orps and love the idea that lavender was developed. I would love these. I know god will bless my family and I will get a job soon. I will do fast food at this point. I cant afford any eggs now but if I win these and it came down to it I would sell some of the other chicks to keep these. I havent been able to afford much so I took in about anything so I would just have chicks to raise and hatched some mixbreeds from mine. I promise I will give them a great home. My wife graduates this fall and her carreer is still in high demand and pays well and then I will go back and finish my degree. Thank you for considering me.
My wife would love the silkie eggs. This is the only breed she really likes and her favorite color. She has never had good ones before. She goes to school fulltime and works part-time along with putting up with me she is a great mother to our son. This would be a grteat mothers day gift since I cant really afford to get her anything this year.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom