this is the only photo i have because i dont want to unwrap her bandage if i dont have toView attachment 2850172thats what i wiped off her butt while i was redressing her there was also a more liquidy part and it was lighter before it started drying
she passed away lest night after her yolk leaked more and she pooped tones more of that yellow stuff.
she wasnt stressed out when she died though as she wasnt stretched out like they do when they die usually she was in her napping position 😭 :idunno

she passed away lest night after her yolk leaked more and she pooped tones more of that yellow stuff.
she wasnt stressed out when she died though as she wasnt stretched out like they do when they die usually she was in her napping position 😭 :idunno
I’m so sorry! I’m glad she was happy as she passed. You showed her love, and that’s all everyone ever needs sometimes.

How are your other babies?
Any eggs pipped?

its now been 8 hours and the membrane is turning yellow, but shes still peeping and pushing but cant zip shes got a big crack but only when she pushes can it be seen SHES TRYING SO HARD ITS BREAKING MY HEART

its night time here so im going to go to bed and hope shes alive in the morning and if she is i will start assisting :idunno :bow😭

can anyone please give me some advice i really want this baby to hatch because shes one of the last of my poor roo who had to go away,
her down has started drying shes been stuck so long 😭😭😭
Gently snip at the dried membrane and gently peel it back. Stop if any bleeding occurs, and also dampen around the opening.

I know nothing about hatching, but I wanted to pop in and say that I hope these last babies are okay when all is said and done. I'm sorry they've been putting you through the ringer.
thank you!! i dont really think these last few eggs are live which is so sad given my first run with this incubator was like 95% successful and the second run was just tragic, not buying a cheap incubator again!!

not buying a cheap incubator again!!
I think a lot of us learned that lesson the hard way. My first time incubating I borrowed an old, cheap incubator from my neighbor. We had a terrible hatch rate and a lot of issues. We bought an NR360 and it's been 95-98% hatch rates ever since. Good luck with your little ones.

I think a lot of us learned that lesson the hard way. My first time incubating I borrowed an old, cheap incubator from my neighbor. We had a terrible hatch rate and a lot of issues. We bought an NR360 and it's been 95-98% hatch rates ever since. Good luck with your little ones.
one day when i can afford a reallllllll good incubator ill get myself some of my wishlist chickens (and maybe some ducks!)

one day when i can afford a reallllllll good incubator ill get myself some of my wishlist chickens (and maybe some ducks!)
those last 6 eggs didnt hatch and when cracked open i think most were malpositioned (only sawthe beak of one of them) but i didnt look that hard cos they smelled a bit, sucks but at least i got my 10 good chicks out of that cruddy machine

Back
Top Bottom