Egg help hatching help

kevinmcd32

Songster
9 Years
Feb 18, 2013
Wellington , Texas
OKI know it's a bad idea To help thim out the shell Incubator has been running 22 days Egg started hatching yesterday and on about the 28h I helped it out Looks to be doing fine 2nd egg hatching has been hatching for about 18 to 20h So the question is how long can you safely leave them in the egg shell

OKI know it's a bad idea To help thim out the shell Incubator has been running 22 days Egg started hatching yesterday and on about the 28h I helped it out Looks to be doing fine 2nd egg hatching has been hatching for about 18 to 20h So the question is how long can you safely leave them in the egg shell
What stage of hatching?
Has it externally pipped?
If it has air you are safe to wait a bit longer.
Let me link the Assisted hatching article
This will explain when and how to act.

4 popped out by themselves sometime in the night The other one that was stuck I helped out that makes 2 that I helped They look fine up jumping around running but The outer membrane Was really tough for some reason on the 2 eggs Humidity levels Kept Perfect never seen any so tough Thinking about just opening the other egg tomorrow

Usually 48 to 72 hours after hatch date.

If I see a chick struggling to break free, I usually peel the shell halfway down then the membrane. Then place it back in the incubator to let it rest and pop out on it's own. This way the yolk sac gets fully absorbed or most of it.

My 5 baby Sanck's about a 50% hatch I am more thT happy
20220416_165950.jpg

Back
Top Bottom