When did your chicken start to lay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics
Thanks so much for voting! Please tell friends about this poll and ask them to vote as well! :) Wow I have never heard of Novogens ! They sound awsome! Pics? :)

Novogens are a hybrid developed from Rhode Island Reds and Leghorns. Mine have been laying for almost a year now, and they lay consistently almost every day. I love them.

Henrietta and Bettina:
IMG_1646.JPG

Gwen:
Gwen.jpg

I voted. We have 4 Cinnamon Queens that seemed to be our first to lay this week 22 weeks old, 4 Buff Orp just starting to lay 22 weeks old (same age as Queens), 3 EE not laying yet 22 weeks old. We have 3 bantams, a Polish and 2 Cochins, they are now over 8 months old and still nothing.

I know this is probably nothing new for most of you..but I got my 1st blue egg the other day!!View attachment 1999747
Update!! We got another one today!! So, clearly, it’s from our new EE pullet! I’m so proud! That explains why there was a tiny bit of blood on it...I thought one of the adults was stressed from the cold...it was 3* two days ago. But..it was the new EE! And, we were always only getting 8 since winter..we got ten today...so, one of the other pullets has started too!! Yeeehaaa!! Is it ok it I say we bought more sexlinked..black..tonight..and RIR...they are mostly laying...so we scooped them up...we’re in business!!

I know this is probably nothing new for most of you..but I got my 1st blue egg the other day!!View attachment 1999747
Guess what..got another blue egg! Apparently it’s not from a stressed hen, laying weird...it’s my new EE!! She’s just in the other nest boxes..but the cope halves are now 3/4open, so then can come back and forth as they choose. And we got ten Today instead our usual 8 so I think another pullet is laying over there too...lol

:frowHi everyone! I've created a poll on when your pullets first come into lay. Thanks for clicking on it and please enter!!!:D:fl I will be posting results in 20 days so please come back then and check to see results:) Now one more thing before you begin: after you post your answer you MUST comment and say what breed of chicken it was. Ready? :highfive: Let's begin!

Back
Top Bottom