Egg Peritonitis Help

.1ml is about right.

I was thinking along the same lines as @Chicken . Margaret may still have egg material in her reproductive system that needs to be expelled. I would start her on the calcium citate again, one tablet each day. Try it for a week. When the other antibiotic comes, it won't hurt to continue the calcium along with it.
I have to tell you, while she isn’t 100% she is better! I tried to give her the nutri drench and calcium and omg she put up a fight! She free ranged ALL day with girls today and so much sass with the younger chickens! 🥰🐓

.1ml is about right.

I was thinking along the same lines as @Chicken . Margaret may still have egg material in her reproductive system that needs to be expelled. I would start her on the calcium citate again, one tablet each day. Try it for a week. When the other antibiotic comes, it won't hurt to continue the calcium along with it.
It’s @CHlCKEN With an L not an i :)

It took my hen about 3 days to finally get that egg material out. During the time I was giving her extra calcium as you suggested to Karen because I wasn’t sure if she was trying to pass a new egg or old material.

Something may still be going on inside her reproductive tract. You can try another round of an antibiotic, perhaps a different one. It really wouldn't hurt to try it.
Something may still be going on inside her reproductive tract. You can try another round of an antibiotic, perhaps a different one. It really wouldn't hurt to try it.
Hi there! I just wanted to mention I’m feeling so good about Margaret! I don’t want to jinx it but she is doing really well! She is free ranging all day now! Eating snacks, drinking water, she runs to me when I have treats and I even caught her today eating her normal food! Also, I saw her poop and it looked normal! 🥰🙏🏻🐓 I know anything can happen but I feel like she has made such progress thank you!!!

It's just been a week. Perhaps the infection hasn't gone all the way up into the top of the oviduct yet. Do you have an antibiotic on hand?
Good morning! Just wanted to check in and see if you had any advice . Margaret isn’t having the best day.. keeping distance from flock.. wanting to sleep alone... she has been doing so well! Could it just be a bad day? Would a shot of vitamins work? Calcium? Any suggestions.. 🥰💕

Did you end up treating her with an antibiotic? How is her poop today? Have you checked her crop?
Her crop seems fine. She slept in a different spot last night alone and I let her. I’m wondering if maybe she is just tired... perhaps she didn’t sleep well? She has been very persistent about sleeping in this particular spot (nesting box) the past few weeks...

Did you end up treating her with an antibiotic? How is her poop today? Have you checked her crop?
Well as the day goes in she seems a bit more normal.. free ranging.. drinking.. with flock.. eating her actual food versus just treats. I can still see it in her eyes that she isn’t 100% but better than this morning. Side question.. since she has been SO persistent about the new sleeping in nest box alone (which leaves one of my other chickens alone) would you let her do that? In other words, should I let her sleep alone or move her back to coop with other girl? It’s going to be cold and snowy this week..as always.. thank you!

It's ultimately your decision but I always discourage nest sleeping as it's a messy habit and hard to break. Unless a chicken is unable to grasp the perch due to weakness or injury, I encourage them to roost.

It's ultimately your decision but I always discourage nest sleeping as it's a messy habit and hard to break. Unless a chicken is unable to grasp the perch due to weakness or injury, I encourage them to roost.
Well things seem to be going pretty good with Ms. Margaret! I’ve been so nervous because we are in the middle of a major cold snap and lots of snow! Rare for these parts BUT Margaret is hanging in there! I was worried about the cold! She is drinking water, sleeping again with Gertie, eating snacks AND her normal food! She is even walking in deep snow! Must be the feathered feet! 🥰🐓

Attachments

• FE64CBC3-7DAB-49CC-AAAA-B5DB772B5789.jpeg
    FE64CBC3-7DAB-49CC-AAAA-B5DB772B5789.jpeg
    1,003.5 KB · Views: 3
  • D7CC2E3D-5014-4F48-A8A9-9C38CBAB2767.jpeg
    D7CC2E3D-5014-4F48-A8A9-9C38CBAB2767.jpeg
    538.2 KB · Views: 3
  • F0AD2E8A-75A7-43CE-BC49-C13781E3FCF8.jpeg
    F0AD2E8A-75A7-43CE-BC49-C13781E3FCF8.jpeg
    576.2 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom