Egg production

Vanitychickens

In the Brooder
Aug 29, 2019
Ive noticed my hens arent laying much is there snything i can do to fix that a little i know its coming to the end of the warm season but its not exactly winter yet? Please and thanks.

Where are you located? Weather conditions a possibility. How old are they? Have you checked them for mites/lice? Possible molt? Have you changed feed? Anything change in their daily routine?
Montana and i recently changed there feed and about 1-2 years plus a new roo in there flock

'Tis the season... They are likely starting to molt, and that will cause a decrease in egg production. Add to that the shortening of the days, their age and a change in flock dynamics and there ya have it. You could put a light on a timer in the coop to keep them laying during the winter. Your other option is to wait it out. They'll start up again in the spring.

'Tis the season... They are likely starting to molt, and that will cause a decrease in egg production. Add to that the shortening of the days, their age and a change in flock dynamics and there ya have it. You could put a light on a timer in the coop to keep them laying during the winter. Your other option is to wait it out. They'll start up again in the spring.
Ok thanks and can i ask what kind of rooster is that on your picture cause i have the same kind they look exactly alike.

36957C5C-FFDA-4142-9AEB-F69EDA2B93F9.jpeg
EE/Brahma cross.
Heres mine

Back
Top Bottom