Eggs Day 21...18 of 23 Hatched/ Pics post 76 (Superglued a Chick!)

Those are great?! Did you see the Chickenpox Microbe one? Hahaha
lau.gif

Cynthia, I use a beany-baby frog that mine seem to love. I have two hens who went broody on me this late in the season but they take excellent care of their chicks. Yesterday I added the newest mama with her two chicks and the two mama hens started fighting...first mama wanted those new chicks! I see where first mama sometimes has them, too. I am glad they are good mamas. I might just let the broody's hatch next year? Well.................maybe..............
wink.png

I love following along in spirit- thanks for sharing all these hatches with us.
Maybe one day next spring I will get to be the lucky mom!!!

I found having my Frank-n-bator wrapped in beach towels has helped a lot with the temp fluctuations this run. I also made the windows double paned so that less heat is lost through them.
Though I'm planning on just using this one for the hatcher from now on and building a cabinet incubator over the winter.

We always put a towel over the windows and thermostat lever on the styrobators, which helps when nighttime temps drop and the cold is transmitted through the metal lever, triggering the heating element to come on more than it should. I'm not really sure what the deal is, but as the bators get older, they don't do as well.

Back
Top Bottom