Either my hens are crowing... or the hatchery sold us straight run.

They bought them from a feed store, not a hatchery
Aha...the feed stores lie. I've seen it with my own eyes.

They will claim they are selling females knowing good and well they themselves ordered straight run to save a dollar.

Thank you. Yes. We have a local farm swap weay consider. I'm just more frustrated by thinking they were at least 90 percent hens. My grandma had Dominique bantam named chicadee. She was a sweetie but literally fought a Rhode island red off nest and stole it. Lol
Be very careful about buying birds from swaps. You are in a tough spot now with all these makes but you will be in a worse spot if you bring home a disease.

This 10 percent definitely went the wrong direction
I am so sorry. This is awful.
If they only offered feed they are only replacing what these birds have eaten and nothing for the cost of the birds. Not to mention your time and effort.

Did you order these from the hatchery through the feed store? If so I might would call customer service of the hatchery and run this story by them. May not make a difference but I HOPE this is an unusual mistake.

Thank you. Yes. We have a local farm swap weay consider. I'm just more frustrated by thinking they were at least 90 percent hens. My grandma had Dominique bantam named chicadee. She was a sweetie but literally fought a Rhode island red off nest and stole it. Lol
Swaps are great for selling, but buying is a total crap shoot. Not only do you risk bringing home someone else's mistake, bully or parasites, but you'll need to disinfect everything you wear and take with you, as well. You never know what you're bringing home on your hands ... or your shoes ... from someone else's. "Biosecurity" is NOT just an SAT spelling word!

Swaps are great for selling, but buying is a total crap shoot. Not only do you risk bringing home someone else's mistake, bully or parasites, but you'll need to disinfect everything you wear and take with you, as well. You never know what you're bringing home on your hands ... or your shoes ... from someone else's. "Biosecurity" is NOT just an SAT spelling word!
I was considering selling some of our roos. We DID buy our two Ameracaunas as chicks there - but we quarantined them for a while. But the farm swap is at a farm store (not the same one we got our Australorps from). Both stores have been in the area for decades and have good reputations. As far as disinfecting everything I wear - I usually immediately change clothes as soon as I walk in the door from leaving the house. My friend teases me about it. I also don't handle any animals at the farm swaps.

Back
Top Bottom