Elector PSP advice pleeeease

Asaria1

Songster
Jun 26, 2020
San Diego, CA
I used my 12 day old batch of elector psp for mites yesterday and today, still got mites. Is this because it’s not a fresh batch? Has anyone experienced elector psp to NOT be affective???
Thank you

Elector does degrade very quickly when exposed to sunlight. Recently, I mixed up two quarts of the solution to treat several pair of suspect scaly leg mite feet. When I was finished soaking chicken feet, I filled a garden sprayer with the used solution and sprayed around the foundation of the run and coops, then used what was left on some pesky bugs on my spinach in my garden.

You can't save solution that's already been mixed and used. So find some place that needs spraying. Just avoid anywhere that bees congregate.

Elector does degrade very quickly when exposed to sunlight. Recently, I mixed up two quarts of the solution to treat several pair of suspect scaly leg mite feet. When I was finished soaking chicken feet, I filled a garden sprayer with the used solution and sprayed around the foundation of the run and coops, then used what was left on some pesky bugs on my spinach in my garden.

You can't save solution that's already been mixed and used. So find some place that needs spraying. Just avoid anywhere that bees congregate.

Thank you! I did leave my (already mixed) gallon outside one day (and that is the batch that i used today that was not effective on the mites). But other than that i’ve been storing the gallon in dark places (under sink, in garage, etc). Maybe it degraded. I ordered a new bottle of the solution. Any advice for ratios when wanting to mix less than a gallon??
Thanks again

One quarter teaspoon per quart is what I mix. I store my 8 ounce bottle of concentrate on a dark shelf in the garage. I think it begins to degrade soon after it's mixed into a solution in addition to the sunlight weakening it. So use it as soon as possible after mixing.

Back
Top Bottom