emergency chick with Coccidiosis. Help

i have some scourban which i use for calves but can be used for most animals. its got sulphadimine, sulphaguanidine, sulphdiazine, hyoscine hydrobromide, sodium chloride, calcium gluconate, magnesium sulphate, potassium chloride, kaolin, pectin, & glycine. would this be beneficial to give her or not?

you might compare it to the ingredients and percentages of Sulmet. I'm sure you can find a run-down of that one online.

Sulmet is sulfur based, and it is used for coccidiosis, but i would be oh so careful to make sure that the dosage will be o.k. for chickens. I always use Corid, so i am not familiar with exactly how sulfur based drugs work or how much leniency you have on the different variations.

have been talking to the local vet & she doesnt think they have anything but she wants to see a poop sample from them. lol so now i gotta go do that & take it into her...

Well, i'm glad that she's willing to help you even though it's the weekend....but how does she explain why they would have bloody poops and lethargy (the two main tells of coccidiosis in chicks)?

Just curious.

I don't know how it is in New Zealand, but i know that a lot of vets in the U.S. really aren't as well-versed in chicken health as we would like.
wink.png
I hope she can help you though!

i dont think she knows alot but i gotta do something as they all showing signs now. only 2 that are not themselves the other 3 are still running around but have bloody poops.

Back
Top Bottom