EMERGENCY!! Geese killed by beaver or raccoon, Lone geese

Squid_ink

Chirping
Aug 4, 2019
Last night I had my two female geese unfortunately get killed by possibly a raccoon or a beaver, through the fence gate of the cage. I still have one make geese left and I don’t know what to do with him, and I’m afraid that he might get killed as well, and/or suffer from any other lack company.
We have a beaver family, just a mom and four kids, living right across the lake that the geese lived by, and I need to know if that’s how the geese died, or if it was a raccoon. As gruesome as it sounds, the two geese had their heads missing when we found them, like they were trying to be pulled through the chain-link, if that helps in anyway in finding out who did it.
Thank you for reading.

Raccoon always try to yank birds through holes and eat whatever they can manage to pull through. Beaver are herbivores. May attack something to guard it's young but never by chewing heads off.

:welcome :frow Sounds like a coon to me too. Do you have a game camera you can put up? Usually once they make a kill they will be back.

I have several game cameras up around on my property. Some pointing at the coops. Here we see the predators mostly at night on the cameras.
DSCF0002124 02.jpg
DSCF0002112019 02.jpg
DSCF0001362019 03.jpg

Back
Top Bottom