Emergency please help

I would be there at daylight to make sure that she is not getting bullied. Just spend some time with them.
I will do that. I just placed her out on the perch and will check on them in a bit. They didn’t seem to be too disturbed when she went in. I’m hoping if they’re OK in a half an hour that I can leave them and just check again before sun comes up. I will definitely be around with them in the morning. Thanks.

I will do that. I just placed her out on the perch and will check on them in a bit. They didn’t seem to be too disturbed when she went in. I’m hoping if they’re OK in a half an hour that I can leave them and just check again before sun comes up. I will definitely be around with them in the morning. Thanks.
Well, my heart is breaking. I had to have Pinot put down tonight. She was out with the flock most of the day and still eating but when it was time to come in, they were attacking her. I called the vet because she was too weak to even jump up into one of the nest boxes, so she had no way to protect herself. I wanted to try to nurse her along a little bit longer, but she was still having fluid come out her beak, and she had not gained any weight, despite eating large quantities for the last four days. She would’ve been four in April. She was everybody’s favorite and such a complete sweetheart. I’m going to miss her so much. I’m just praying. It was the right thing to do.

She was so good yesterday I thought she was going to make it. I know the day was bad with the other girls, but I keep thinking I wonder if I could’ve gotten her strong enough again the vet said she went downhill so quickly I think it’s because I forced her back out with her flock. The vet did say that she had to have something wrong with her absorption because the oral medication she gives normally reacts very quickly and she had to give a second dose to Pinot before her heart stopped. Everyone thinks I’m crazy because I’m so upset about this, but it is a huge responsibility to be responsible for another creatures life.

Oh no, I am so sorry that she was attacked, and had to be put down. Sorry for your loss. I have put my broody hens in a large pen away from the flock for 5 days at a time, and they are usually not picked on by the others. If they are gone longer, there could be a few pecks or chasing, but usually nothing major. They can be picked on if they are acting different if the others think there is something wrong.

Oh no, I am so sorry that she was attacked, and had to be put down. Sorry for your loss. I have put my broody hens in a large pen away from the flock for 5 days at a time, and they are usually not picked on by the others. If they are gone longer, there could be a few pecks or chasing, but usually nothing major. They can be picked on if they are acting different if the others think there is something wrong.
Thanks for responding. It really helps to have somebody understand.

Well, my heart is breaking. I had to have Pinot put down tonight. She was out with the flock most of the day and still eating but when it was time to come in, they were attacking her. I called the vet because she was too weak to even jump up into one of the nest boxes, so she had no way to protect herself. I wanted to try to nurse her along a little bit longer, but she was still having fluid come out her beak, and she had not gained any weight, despite eating large quantities for the last four days. She would’ve been four in April. She was everybody’s favorite and such a complete sweetheart. I’m going to miss her so much. I’m just praying. It was the right thing to do.
:hugs I'm sorry to hear about Pinot.

Back
Top Bottom