Expectant parent club! Where the pregnant people hang out.

krcote - How far along are you? You still fit in your scrubs?! My pants are already feeling a little snug, even though I've only gained 3 lbs. I had my best luck with maternity clothes at Motherhood Maternity and the prices aren't too bad if you stick to the sales/clearance rack. I thought Target's selection stunk, although this time around Beall's has maternity clothes too and I have bought a few things from there.

Hahahah I am 34 weeks and big as ever! I went up a size in my scrubs quite a few weeks back, and I am getting closer by the second to going up another top size.... I never imagined scrubs to be so restricting, but they don't have an ounce of stretch! At the end of the day I can't wait to get them off and put on something with some give
lol.png

Congrats on your "likely" girl, I know that's what you have been hoping for
love.gif

Ultrasound today estimated baby's weight at 5# 6oz- the technician said we can account for +/- 13oz. because u/s is not all that accurate this far along. Since the baby is likely to gain 0.5# per week and I have 5 weeks left, we shall have ourselves a very decent size child by the end of all this!

Haven't been around BYC much since Caroline was born -- 8 months ago!! Can you believe that?! Those of you who were at the beginning of your pregnancies are now at the end ... Wow! Congrats, ladies! :)

Ok ladies, here's some "food" for thought:

I've been told I need to stay away from:

Sushi/Sashimi
Mexican Food
Indian Food
Thai Food

So... what do mothers in Japan, Mexico, India and Thailand eat?? Cheeseburgers? LOL

Pass me a Umeshiso roll and some jalepenos please!

I don't stay away from any of that, except raw sushi. I still eat the cooked kind (smoked, grilled, etc). Some of the spicy stuff did tend to give me heartburn later on but it doesn't usually bother me until I'm further along.

The only thing that really poses a risk to you is the raw fish, but only for the same reasons why eating raw fish could be risky to anyone. Some ladies go the route of KellyHM and eat only the cooked varieties, but they are prepared on the same surfaces as the raw fish, in theory, posing the same health risks. With that said, I have had a few orders of sushi from my favorite local Japanese joint because I trust their fish. I wouldn't eat anything from them even not pregnant if I didn't
smile.png

I think the Mexican thing comes from a time when many dishes had soft unpasteurized cheeses in them. You would be hard pressed to find any dairy product in the US, being served to the general public that is unpasteurized.
Eat these lovely foods to your heart's content. There are very few things you really shouldn't be consuming. When in doubt, ask your health care provider.

I was more or less poking fun at how paranoid our poor health care providers and professionals have to be now. I'm sure they tell you all that just to "cover their butts* if ya know what I mean!

Back
Top Bottom