Expectant parent club! Where the pregnant people hang out.

Quote:
x2!!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Isn't that funny!? Had the same experience with Lylah! Poor girl had hiccups all the time! ...and unfortunately, still gets them all the time now that she is out in the world with us! Feel bad for her, but they are so dang cute!
smile.png

I like the name Alden too!
big_smile.png
What is his middle name!? I was rooting for a boy on our end, but his middle name would have been Luther
lol.png
It's DH middle name, but everytime I think about it, I hear it in some low voice with a funny accent.. that's probably why I ended up with a little girl, haha!

We are thinking his full name will be Alden Daniel Keith. Hubby's middle name is Keith and he really wanted to use it. My second always had hiccups in utero. She had them for a good while as a newborn, too. So funny to watch them sleeping with such big hiccups!

Thank you!
big_smile.png

My mom's name is Kathleen, that is why it would be her middle name.
big_smile.png
I still haven't even made an appointment to see my doctor yet, and I am 16 weeks now!
lol.png
It is not the first one for me, and I don't do all the genetic testing and other stuff they try to get you to do either, so it is kind of fun waiting until I can get an ultrasound right away anyway!
lol.png

If it's at a boy, Montgomery Laurent and if it's and girl, Lena Lynn. Laurent, Lena and Lynn are all family names and we just love Montgomery
big_smile.png

Quote:
Like the names krote!

I so need to clean the chicken coop today. It has been a little neglected during this pregnancy since my lovely morning sickness lasted so long and then the lovely aches/pains kicked in. I've been feeling pretty good the last month. Nice weather again today, so I should get it done. I don't usually do the deep litter method, but I am thinking that through the winter months I will. I usually clean it out at least once a month during winter -- not going to happen this winter!

Quote:
yeah, why do they want people to do that so much, I thought it was just a liberal pro abortion agenda California thing-I mean the only way to ensure your baby doesn't have those diseases is to not have the baby (since their testing isn't even 90% accurate). I felt pressured to get those tests done, I just kept saying it doesn't matter one way or the other to me. Anyways, I kinda want to wait longer before going in on my next pregnancy too, I'm pregnant with my first right now and I'm at 16 weeks too. Congrats for your June baby!

I just found out my Husband's employers switched to a new healthcare provider and now I'm costing an additional $25 a week on top of what the old provider was charging which was $50 a week. Can you believe it!? His employer pointed out our copays are now $10 cheaper, whoopee, if I went to doctors twice a week every week that wouldn't even make up for the huge upcharge. I also found out that I now have to switch hospitals too! I already preregistered for the hospital I was born in, where all my sisters were born and where they all had their children (9 births over the last 13 years, 15 births over 38 years), it has one of the best reputations and has the county's number one rated maternity ward and an ocean view. Now four months into my pregnancy I have to change to a different hospital with a less than glowing reputation, where my husband's aunt and uncle have contracted 4 staph, 2 sepsis and 3 thrush infections over the last 18 months. Has anybody else had this kind of a curveball? I don't know what to do, I seriously just want to have my baby in my house now and not even deal with cut rate insurance plans.

Quote:
Home births are great! Although, your new insurance may not cover them so look into it. If not, they are much cheaper than a hospital birth and you may be able to swing the cost out of pocket? I would do a home birth if my husband wasn't such a clean freak. I am thinking I may be able to convince him for later kids
smile.png

Well, I did not clean out the coop yet! I had a little bleeding today. My midwife just thought I've injured my cervix, which is good news! So I'm on cervical rest for a couple of weeks (although, I may make it for the rest of the pregnancy
wink.png
) so that it can heal up. Sorry, hubby! So I don't really have to readjust life or anything (thankfully!!!), but no fun times for hubby and I. I don't want any worries about our little guy. Third pregnancy, most likely the last, and this is the first time I've had any bleeding of the sort. Gotta be kept on your toes, right!?!

Just checking in with you ladies!
I had my 34 week appointment today, baby was all over the place! Jabbing knees and elbows, then stretching out side to side so far the doctor said I was measuring about 2 weeks behind. She was assuming it was due to the baby's odd positioning pulling the fundal height down, but she set us up for a "growth check" ultrasound for next week to be sure everything was on track with baby's size. I am certain all is well, but this got DH all worked up that something might be wrong
roll.png
. I swear he is one of those people who like to worry. I've always been one of those people who trust my gut, when I know something is fine I don't bother with the worrying. Come Wednesday, we will get to see our little one and hopefully have a few more pictures to give to all the grandparents!
One of my very best friends came over to my house today and took some photos of me, and a few of me DH and the dogs. She can make a shot of a trash can look like art so I am excited to see how these all turn out. She wants to get a few more done next week as well. It is tough to be the focus of so much attention, I will be so grateful when the baby arrives and can take the spotlight off me
big_smile.png
The end is near, I am starting to feel it! Just over 2 weeks until my shower. For some reason though, I have a hard time realizing that at the end of all this..... WE ARE HAVING A KID?!?!?!
Anyone else feel this way at all?

2 weeks behind? I think that's a blessing! Smaller baby = easier labor! Wyatt's head always measured 2 weeks ahead. No wonder he got stuck.
roll.png

I'm 12 weeks today! Woot! Basically out of the danger zone, so that's nice. Have my 12 week NT scan next week, hoping my US tech is good enough to tell me the gender! Think pink....

Back
Top Bottom