Explain what happens when you 'follow members.'

It's basically the same thing as subscribing to a thread. The member name shows up in your subscriptions list. You get email updates the same as for a thread: you choose how often or whether to get them when you click "follow."

There is also a list of who you are following in your profile, on the right after you click "profile."

Last edited:
Go to your subscriptions (upper right hand corner of any page) and change the dropdown box to "site only." This is the only thing I use. I have to click on "subscriptions" to check threads I've subscribed to, or people I've followed. Same thing when you subscribe or follow initially: choose "site only." Make the same selection in your profile.

Last edited:
It is mostly a miss thing for me. Sometimes I get notices but rarely. I have several friends I follow but they usually have to let me know they have responded to something on a thread because this is another feature that does not work for me on BYC.

It is mostly a miss thing for me. Sometimes I get notices but rarely. I have several friends I follow but they usually have to let me know they have responded to something on a thread because this is another feature that does not work for me on BYC.

I *follow* Rob and have never gotten any notices, updates, or anything at all (???).

Yeah..I don't understand it. It's not working for me and like Dipsy, I'm not recieving any notifications of what they're doing.
anyway does the person you follow get notified that you're following them?

They only know you are following them if they try to follow you back. It will say then that you are following each other. If that still works. Who knows?
I follow a few people but seldom get any notices when they post. One of those many "improvements" that is still being worked on. Most of us just don't bother to trust it anymore and email or PM each other to go look.

Back
Top Bottom