Extreme Speckly Egg contest!!! Winner receives 2011 BYC calendar!!!

big_smile.png
Nice contest!

1) She is a ee that's a real sweetheart, a lady gave me her for free!!!
2) 7 months of age
3) she lays speckled ones off and on, she just started laying on 9-27-10, This was her first egg!
4) medium

019-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

Laid by: Lucy
Breed: Black Copper Marans
Often: mostly her eggs looked like this, though she started molting a month ago and haven't gotten ANYTHING since the beg. of Sept.
Size: XL-Jumbo (2 7/8 oz)
carton2.jpg

Okay, finally, I have dug out the craft egg shells.
I hope that these show up. I have 'just' a camera, nothing fancy. So focus may not be sharp.
I put in the wreath I am working on. I was waiting for a new hot glue gun and for them to start molting in order to finish it.
I love this contest. Now I know that I need some different kind of chickens as well.
Have fun with your eggs! I am.
I have saved over 20 dozen just because they were beautiful. But I think they all are, so I have to control myself.
smile.png

These were all hatchery buff orpingtons. I get everything from brown to pink to white. I have pink eggs with white dots, but they do not show up in photos.

1) Breed of hen that layed egg hatchery Buff Orpingtons]
2) Age (or approx. age) of hen at the time the egg was laid- 1.5 years
3) How often these types of eggs are laid by this particular hen daily or everyother day
4) Size of egg (peewee, small, medium, large, XL, Jumbo?) usually large to XL the jumbo egg layer laid pink with white dots, but she is deceased.
...and I have 23 hens that pretty much look a like. I do not know who the speckled eggs belong to, but at least five of them are different girls.

32107_dsc04206.jpg

32107_dsc04194.jpg

32107_dsc04205.jpg

32107_dsc04195.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you.
I am on pretty speckly egg overload with this thread. I find myself coming back to it just to look (
droolin.gif
) at everybody's little jewels over and over and hoping and waiting for more pretties to be posted. They all so GREAT........I don't envy the judges one bit, they do have their work cut out for them.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom