Extreme Speckly Egg contest!!! Winner receives 2011 BYC calendar!!!

PRETTY eggs, peeps! Love the craft idea, too!

Okay, come on...................surely there are more members with speckly eggs to share!

58241_blue_dots_on_brown_egg_002.jpg

hu.gif

Not exactly a prize winner, but thought it was interesting to see blue speckles on a brown egg
Laid by Mathilda, 23 weeks old, Black Australorp, yesterday 20.10.2010, large egg, never laid a speckly egg before

Bright Blessings

Rachel.......My BR lays an egg very similar to that. Only hers are speckled with lavender. They're so pretty. She doesn't lay them all the time, but when she does, they are a neat addition to the egg basket. Thanks for posting!

Thanks, Wynette and HappyChooks!
It kinda freaked me out at first. I looked all around to see what could have gotten on it, externally.
Thank goodness I had this wonderful forum to post to, where I was immediately assured this was not only normal, but fairly common.
(and nobody thought I was a nutter for worrying
smile.png
)
Thanks again!

Bright Blessings

thumbsup.gif

Rachel'sFlock :

(and nobody thought I was a nutter for worrying
smile.png
)
Thanks again!

Bright Blessings

Of course we wouldn't think that! I love it when peeps worry about their chookies!​

Quote:
I've often thought that it would be cool to come up with some sort of wax buffer to shine up our eggs after we wash off the bloom. Is there anything like this out there? Can you imagine how fantastic they would look? And it would add back that layer of protection also. It wouldn't be like waxing the apples, where we end up eating the stuff, it would never enter our digestive systems because it is left behind on the shell. I know, I know, sort of far fetched and eccentric idea, but I sure do like imagining all those gorgeous shinning eggs glittering in the sun light.

Back
Top Bottom