Eye infection????

How are things going since you separated the boys? hows the eye looking?

Eye is starting to look better. I'm still working on re arranging before anyone gets seperated unfortunately my days have not been going as planned and things keep popping up and today it's raining. Im actually going to be seperating the 3 younger girls with a short fence, so everyone will still be sorta together. Have not witnessed my drake grabbing her since yest morning tho so in the meantime so far so good I believe

How are things going since you separated the boys? hows the eye looking?

The eye is now looking a little worse? So much dirt is sticking to it, lids appear yellow. I'm using the Veterycin wound n skin care. Is there something else I can also use? Maybe something to clean up around it, like Vaseline or something to protect it maybe from dirt? Maybe it's just taking longer to heal??? Sorry for all the question

The eye is now looking a little worse? So much dirt is sticking to it, lids appear yellow. I'm using the Veterycin wound n skin care. Is there something else I can also use? Maybe something to clean up around it, like Vaseline or something to protect it maybe from dirt? Maybe it's just taking longer to heal??? Sorry for all the question
if it's for wounds and skin care you are using in the eye you are irritating her eye.

They didn't have the vetericyn eye wash? Have you tried a saline solution?

if it's for wounds and skin care you are using in the eye you are irritating her eye.
I've used it in eyes before and it's never irritated the eyes before.

Mrs H you can make your own saline wash with warm water and salt. or get terramycin eye ointment at the feed store. Are you putting ACV into their drinking buckets where she is head washing. That may help too. I don't understand why dirt would be sticking to it unless she isn't washing her face.

I've used it in eyes before and it's never irritated the eyes before.

Mrs H you can make your own saline wash with warm water and salt. or get terramycin eye ointment at the feed store. Are you putting ACV into their drinking buckets where she is head washing. That may help too. I don't understand why dirt would be sticking to it unless she isn't washing her face.

Yes for the ACV! I'll make some saline tomorrow and try that. I couldn't find that ointment at my feed store. I swear everything is out of stock there so annoying. Thanks!
1f612.png

I would keep her in a crate to avoid getting dirt in it.
My little Hattie has an infected foot and I have put her ina crate and placed her in the enclosure with the flock.

Hate seeing them suffering . Hope your duck recovers soon!

Back
Top Bottom