Fae totally missed us.. play by play..

smom1976

too many projects too little time!
11 Years
May 2, 2008
Pensacola, FL
As the evening drew nearer our friends came over for our BBQ that we had planned before Fae wanted to come our direction. We all sat on the screened in porch watching the lovely rain come down and the chickens playing in the rain eating bugs, occasionally getting a burst of wind that would push them sideways. As the evening grew to a close we all said our goodbyes and blessings for preparing for Fae's center to get us. The nine o'clock expected slam time came and went, yet nothing. Later that evening my husband arose out of his bed wondering when it was going to reach us. He comes back informing me that Fae had gone right over us and there was one little break that encompased most of Pensacola. The only little bit of Fae that we endured was the further most outter ring. Barely enough to water the garden. This is the circumstances that arise that cause people to get complacent with these storms. I have to remember that it may not always turn out as such. So we were spared. I am sorry that others got so much water.

Fay*
smile.png

I'm glad Fay missed ya'll. We had rain and wind from Friday afternoon until late last night. Most of our property is under water - we had parked our trucks at the front door (which doesn't hold water much) because where we normally park floods eaisly. Yesterday afternoon I told my husband we needed to move our little Saturn. The water at that end of the house was so deep it was almost touching the bottom of the car.

We lost power from about 11pm Friday night til about 6am Saturday morning. Sprung a leak in one of the bathrooms (where the exhaust fan is).

An old rotten tree fell across the front corner of my run - I have to go out today and replace a couple of boards - none of my chickens were hurt though.

I am just very thankful that though we had a lot of wind and rain and some flooding, it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Last edited:
We've had about 1 3/4 inches of rain, and I could hardly believe we didn't lose power what with the amount of wind we had.

Back
Top Bottom