Faithway Feed Co. Knock Out?!

MunchiesChicks

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 1, 2013
Russell Co Alabama
I'm trying to us locally available feeds. I have tractor supply with Dumor and Layena. Then a mom and pop store with Faithway feed and Nutrena Layer.

I have 14 pullets and 3 cockerels. Two of them I plan to breed and show. My current mix is as follows

50lbs Layena layer pellets
20lbs Gamebird maintenance
5lbs Farmers helper ultra kibble
5lbs Manna Pro Omega egg maker
5lbs Manna Pro gamebird/Showbird
8lbs Black oil sunflower seeds
Free access to oyster shell

Veggies, fruits, crushed eggshell added to scrambled eggs, occasional dairy, whatever they get outside.

Cost wise I'm sure I'm just spoiling my chickens. It's hard to feed the show birds separately from the rest so they all get it.

I found this Faithway feed they have knock out bag for about $14 for 50lbs

Anyone use this brand and what did you think of it? Also which product do I currently use that this would exchange with?

Quote: It doesn't seem to be anything special at just 12% protein

I don't see much advantage with all the mixing when you could probably get the same results just adding in ONE high protein feed

There is really very little difference between most brands if the nutrition levels are comparable
It's still just grain and various supplements and they tend to be pretty much standardized

Picky chickens ;) you can tell from the yolk colors who eats more feed vs grazing and bug eating. I have one pullet who refuses to eat layer feed. I've tried different brands she almost starved herself and she's one of my best layers. She prefers more gamebird, grass, oyster shell and I catch her with ultra kibble once and awhile. My leghorns prefer pellets and sunflower seeds, Red sexlinks eat everything but prefer fresh veggies and mice. Buckeyes like the gamebird and ultra kibble, Araucana more game bird and sunflowers, australorps couldn't care less.

I spend a lot of time with my birds so I kind of picked up on what they like. My eggs are huge, no problems with shells or deformities. When I process there is very little fat but a lot of meat. I haven't lost a bird to sickness (yet), and they are all very happy active. I'm small enough to cater but still would like to save up since another chicken pen is going to cost me $230 :(

I'm trying to us locally available feeds. I have tractor supply with Dumor and Layena. Then a mom and pop store with Faithway feed and Nutrena Layer.

I have 14 pullets and 3 cockerels. Two of them I plan to breed and show. My current mix is as follows

50lbs Layena layer pellets
20lbs Gamebird maintenance
5lbs Farmers helper ultra kibble
5lbs Manna Pro Omega egg maker
5lbs Manna Pro gamebird/Showbird
8lbs Black oil sunflower seeds
Free access to oyster shell

Veggies, fruits, crushed eggshell added to scrambled eggs, occasional dairy, whatever they get outside.

Cost wise I'm sure I'm just spoiling my chickens. It's hard to feed the show birds separately from the rest so they all get it.

I found this Faithway feed they have knock out bag for about $14 for 50lbs

Anyone use this brand and what did you think of it? Also which product do I currently use that this would exchange with?

Back
Top Bottom