Family farm in London, Arkansas

Are you willing to start a chick/chicken trading Post?

• Sounds like a fabulous idea!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Seriously, who has time for that?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lunalala

In the Brooder
Jul 2, 2017
Hi, my name is Luna and my family and I have a farm down in London, AR. I just love chickens and have been wanting to start a flock for us all to share. We are a big family and have raised chickens before but it was a very long time ago. I have never done it myself since I was so young when we had then before, I really loved chickens as pets and am looking forward to loving and caring for them. We have children around so any suggestions on breeds and temperament would be welcome as well as donations to our new flock of young chicks, pullets or cockerels in our area. It would help to know other chicken farmers in our neck of the woods. I understand we have a lot of predators so suggestions preparing for that would be helpful. We've got a couple of barns and we'll build a coop and a covered tractor run for when no one is outside to watch them. Nice to meet you!

You may want to check out the coop section for ideas, different styles, sizes, etc; as well as the predator threads for advice on safeguarding your flock.

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Black Australorps and Buff Orpingtons are wonderful breeds to keep. They are both docile, gentle, love to sit on your lap (if you work with them as babies)...they will follow you around like puppies for attention and goodies! They are quite hardy in heat and cold and can live much longer than the standard hatchery breed chicken.

Good luck in this new adventure and welcome to our roost! :)

Welcome aboard! :frow
We are glad you joined our flock.
This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:
Get settled in and share some pics of your flock!

Thank you so much twocrows for the advice! I was thinking just this morning about picking up a lavender orpeington 6 weeks old hen and a black maran roo.

I was wondering if it was better to pair a roo and a hen from the same breed?

Back
Top Bottom