Fat Mom wants Surgery

chickened

Crowing
9 Years
Oct 2, 2010
western Oregon
I about choked when I read this, is this where we in the U.S. are headed?

(Link removed as many comments were not at all family friendly for BYC)

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuff like this cracks me up. After having the surgery the patient has to go through diet restrictions and exercise he/she would have to have done to lose the weight in the first place. Some folks just need a crutch for everything.

I've watched those shows about the super morbidly obese. At over 900 lbs these people have been bedridden for years. And since they can't get to the food, how is the food getting to them?

MY SON is nearly 300 lbs and is 30 years old he is also daitbetic, He lives with my father at this time and wants a gastic bypass. He has gained the weight due to having to be aroiund my father and has circled my father (meaning not getting very far away) due to dad falling a lot we are not willing to put him in a home because we fill he would benefit from being in the house as long as he can be my mother died in 2008 and if I was him I would mnot want to leave either he has worked from the time they bought the house till retirement.

My son is alos mentally challegned and is on SSI or SSA I am not sure what it is he dodens'y pay anything for a doctor or hospital which I am glad but he wants to work but since dad is like he is and falls my son is not so willing to go work because if he is called out to help dad up the work wouldnt like it. So he is stuck. The doctor has given a ok for him to go get get one but if he was able to work he would not be so heavy and not be home much unlike the lady in the article she is just a lazy slug in my book.

Rhayden

I believe that even in the UK where they have socialized medicine, any elective surgery, they still have to pay for themselves.

Stuff like this cracks me up. After having the surgery the patient has to go through diet restrictions and exercise he/she would have to have done to lose the weight in the first place. Some folks just need a crutch for everything.

Yup, it won't do her any good unless she makes changes. And I'm sorry, but all that weight didn't get there from pregnancies alone. You have to want to make a change, she's just looking for an easy way out. Eating healthy and working out take discipline - it's not easy.

My aunt had gastric bypass when I was young, about 25 years ago. She refused to do as the Doctor advised and would eat until she threw up, then eat some more. She's lucky she didn't die. She's still as heavy as she was then.

Back
Top Bottom