Favourite Duck Breed Poll

What duck breeds are everyone’s favourites?

• Total voters
Pics
Sep 19, 2021
Oklahoma
My Coop
My Coop
Hey everyone, I thought it would be fun if I posted a poll about the best duck breed. You guys can just choose your favourite all around breed, for whatever reason you guys see fit. Maybe they are good layers or they have good personalities? I thought it might be fun to have a poll for this. (This is my first poll I’ve started, so I hope I did everything correctly) Have fun voting! :D

Hard to choose just one. (Ducks rule! lol) We tried a few and our favorite ended up being welsh harlequin. They are light on feed and since we don't eat duck, we don't need a large bird.

They lay better than any others we have had. When it's well below freezing and everyone else (including the chickens) is hunkered down and withholding eggs, they're out stomping in the snow and ice looking for places to lay.

We think they're awesome.:thumbsup

Hard to choose just one. (Ducks rule! lol) We tried a few and our favorite ended up being welsh harlequin. They are light on feed and since we don't eat duck, we don't need a large bird.

They lay better than any others we have had. When it's well below freezing and everyone else (including the chickens) is hunkered down and withholding eggs, they're out stomping in the snow and ice looking for places to lay.

We think they're awesome.:thumbsup
I know it’s hard to choose just one breed, but I wanted for everyone to choose their absolute favourite out of their flock. I have Runner, Khaki and Saxony ducks. It was also hard to choose, but I ended up choosing Saxony. Thanks for voting!

Can we narrow it down to two? My Muscovies have incredible personalities and are the leaders of the group, always on the lookout and able and willing to keep everyone else in line. They find great humor in a well-timed surprise feather pull, and they promise to be the best mothers ever. Someday. When they finally meet their Prince Charming and get those eggs fertilized!

My Rouens are the sweet girls, never a threat to anyone (unless someone tries to steal Daphne’s mealworms). They are the first out the barn door in the morning, always up for a good forage, in all sorts of weather. Their style of broodiness involves tucking their eggs in in the morning before going out, with quiet loving little quacks to their beloved eggies as they head out the door. They are the first to the mealworms, and the first to inform us of danger (or boredom, which, according to Matilda, is worse).

Back
Top Bottom