feeding Chickens Black pepper

[QUOTE = "daddy_roo ، post: 8032273 ، العضو: 105874"]
كنت أتحدث إلى أمي صباح أمس ، وأنتجت أكلت الدجاج الفلفل الأسود. ضع في اعتبارك ، حوالي 20-30. لذلك فكرت في ما سيفعله لدجاجتي إذا أطعمتهم الفلفل الأسود. ، وبدلاً من مجرد رمي الفلفل على الأرض ، قررت أن أعطيهم علاج "لاسد" بالفلفل الأسود. وعاء صنع وعاء كبير مليء بالفشار. في الفشار تناولت حفنة من الفلفل الأسود. أعطيته لهم وقد أحبوه. تقريبا لمواعيد الفلفل الأسود. لقد حصلت على 5 بيضات حراسة. وضحك. لم نحصل على 5 بيضات في يوم منذ أواخر الصيف. لذلك استيقظت هذا الصباح وأذهب إلى الحظيرة وجاءت معي . لقد شرب الدجاج حوالي 2 جالون من الماء فيها في الحظيرة ، ورائع للدهشة ، لدينا 5 بيضات. هل هذا نوع من coinki dink ، أم أنني أتجه نحو شيء؟ أعرف أن الفلفل جعلهم يشربون المزيد من الماء ولكن الفلفل البيض؟
[/اقتبس]
:رضى وقبول:رضى وقبول: رضى وقبول: رضى وقبول

I was talking to my mom yesterday morning and she was telling me that her grandmother used to give the chickens black pepper when the egss started slowing down. Now keep in mind this was back around the 20-30's. So I got to thinking what would it do to my chickens if I fed them black pepper. So insetead of just throwing pepper on the ground, I decided to give them a treat"Laced" with black pepper. So I gave them a big mixing bowl full of pop corn. In the pop corn I had a bunch of black pepper. I gave it to them and they loved it. almost like they didnt even notice the black pepper. Out of sarcasim, i told my MIL that I would get 5 eggs tommorrow. and laughed. we have not got 5 eggs in one day since later summer. So I get up this morning and go to the coop and she came with me. the chickens had drank about 2 gallons of water since the last time I was in the coop, and amazingly enough, we had 5 eggs. Now is this some sort of coinki dink, or am I accually on to something? I dnow the pepper made them drink more water, but pepper for laying eggs?
:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

I read the Little House on the Prairie books years ago. I remember Ma gave some chicks black pepper to get rid of any parasites they might have. Folk remedy, I guess. Always wondered if it worked.
The piperine in black pepper is powerfully bioactive. It affects liver metabolism of some medications. It is also something I've started adding along with turmeric and a bit of coconut oil when I scramble some eggs for them, to make the anti-inflammatory curcumin massively more bioavailable!

Pretty sure that what works for us almost certainly also works for them. So, after I gave them the turmeric eggs, the rest started laying again and I assumed it was the turmeric, but sounds like the piperine was doing the job.

Back
Top Bottom