Feeding my ducks free snacks.

yook2000

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 15, 2010
New Haven County
I saved some clipped grass from my lawn and covered them on the dirt under my big pine tree. Now I got lots of earth worms in the dirt. I feed my ducks over 100 every day. They are crazy with the snacks. Chicken are curious with the worms, but they don't eat them.

I cover the dirt about 2 inches of grass and moist them when they get dry. Don't forget applying Cutter, as mosquito like them too.

63171_p1030108.jpg

63171_p1030109.jpg

63171_p1030121.jpg

Is cutter a mosquito repellant? Is it what you put on you, or on the grass? I admit, I get concerned about insecticides around ducks and ducklings.

But the worms, oh wow! Good for you! I let some straw compost in the duck's yard, and when I turn it over, the ducks are right there waiting to snag the worms as they come up.

They also like dandelion leaves and chickweed in their water.

It's the time of year here in New England when we have mosquitoes, black flies, no-see-ums and who knows what else. But most of the time it's not too bad, especially with the right clothes. I use an herbal spray - works pretty well.

Nice pics, by the way. I hope more people get the idea of a source of free protein.

Back
Top Bottom