female buff goose

she is doing better but still has bad balance at times and her neck is always behind her body whilst walking or running, but when she grazes in the yard she can bend down fine and eat which is very good so i don’t know what else to do
As long as she is able to feed and bathe herself she has a chance at recovery. It can take awhile for the brain to repair itself after a stroke but it can and does happen, especially in a young bird like her. It is a gradual process and sometimes it’s hard to notice improvement, her nervous system is rerouting and repairing itself, she’ll slowly relearn how to do everything like she used to. The fact that she can bend her neck down to the grass is an excellent sign that she is already recovering.
I’m hoping the best for her.

As long as she is able to feed and bathe herself she has a chance at recovery. It can take awhile for the brain to repair itself after a stroke but it can and does happen, especially in a young bird like her. It is a gradual process and sometimes it’s hard to notice improvement, her nervous system is rerouting and repairing itself, she’ll slowly relearn how to do everything like she used to. The fact that she can bend her neck down to the grass is an excellent sign that she is already recovering.
I’m hoping the best for her.
me too and i appreciate the kind words for her

Back
Top Bottom