Figuring out how to use this new forum platform

Gargoyle

Chiseler
13 Years
Apr 13, 2011
Fox Valley, IL
My Coop
My Coop
This is a thread for asking, answering, and tip and tricks for using this new forum platform. We can use this to help guide each other through the newness.

Here's my first question- by default settings, we now have fewer posts per page, so a thread that used to be 15 pages is now around 40 pages. Is this user configurable? Is there somewhere where I can set the number of posts per page?

People have different needs in this- on a mobile platform it's easier to only have a few posts per page, because scrolling is difficult. On a slow internet connection its easier to have perhaps 40 posts per page.

I'd like to know if it's possible to minimize the tags/review list on the right side of page. I went to preferences and changed to full width forum, but nothing changed. REALLY hate that addition. I'll figure out how to navigate, but that's just in the way.

I click 'preferences' that's above at the start and below at the end in a thread and nothing happens. It doesn't take me to a new page or anything. However when I go to my profile and click on "edit account details" all that stuff shows up. I clicked on 'full width forum' too because I thought it would remove all that stuff on the right side of the page since it's too distracting and makes things look cluttered, kinda makes me feel sort of 'claustrophobic' you might say, but I guess it's already full width since nothing happened.
hmm.png

I click 'preferences' that's above at the start and below at the end in a thread and nothing happens.

You should get a pop-up window listing the preferences that can be edited. If nothing is happening, it might be that your pop-up blocker is preventing it from opening. Try holding down the CTRL key while you click on preferences and that should override the pop-up blocker.

I think you have to choose 3 things in your profile to make the posts the width of the page: view forums full width, hide right column in forum threads, and turn off advertising. The last one I think is only available to GFM and PPM.

Quote:

That doesn't work either.

@Flockwatcher, where is "hide right column"? I don't see that in my 'edit account details', or is it only in 'preferences' that you have to click on in the thread?

Edit: I deselected block pop up windows for the moment and now preferences is coming up. But I don't see "hide right column" anywhere.

Last edited:
Alright, the 'view forums full width' works only when you get past a point on all that stuff to the right side of the page. Is "hide right column" only available to GFM and PPM and that's why I'm not seeing it? Humbug if it is.

I'd like to know if it's possible to minimize the tags/review list on the right side of page. I went to preferences and changed to full width forum, but nothing changed. REALLY hate that addition. I'll figure out how to navigate, but that's just in the way.

Go into your profile and select edit account details. There should be a selection for hide right column.

Back
Top Bottom