FILTHY RATS!...in my....

Quote:
What I tell everybody here with a rat problem, is to get a Jack Russell Terrier.
If you dont like the terrier mentality, a miniature shnauzer is also a great rattin dog, and alot more family friendly.

The difference between cats and dogs as far as ratting goes, is that most rattin dogs WANT to kill a rat and will actively search for them, whereas cats will do it out of necessity or boredom(I have never come across a truly great rattin cat)

We have a rat in the carport and the cat will not touch it. She hangs around there, but all she kills are mice. The rat will need to get trapped or I have to put my dog out there. My female lab/border collie mix already bit the tail of the rat, but the rat keeps on living and tail has healed nicely. No food there but some wood pallets, which I think the rat likes. We will set some traps this week.
Katharina

Thank ya'll!~

Smiling Cat... I may just have to try that.. looks intriguing..

as far as bringing other animals into the equation.. out of the question!!!.. I have one BIG dog.. One small (thinking she's big) dog and a FINE cat.. ( although she did bring me a RAT the other day and I said "GOOD GIRL LUNA KITTY..".. then she dropped it and the Rat ran off!!!!!!)
They just wouldn't be happy with any other additions... especially the cat.. she HATES other felines.
sad.png

oh. and to ga-goat.. the drowning idea ... I'd say that's a good idea and it may work .. but there are a TON of holes that they burrow in and out of .. and , I'm not sure if I could drown a rat.. killing it with a trap .. maybe.. but drowning..!!!.. I'm a serious sucker! .. I know!.. ???

Back
Top Bottom