Finally Got my Roo To Stop Crowing!

I guess my sense of humor doesn’t translate well to writing. In my family, we use teasing forms of endearment like “butthead” and “little fart.” Please let me be clear: I adore my rooster. I spoil him rotten. I’m not getting rid of my chickens.

This will be my last post.

I guess my sense of humor doesn’t translate well to writing. In my family, we use teasing forms of endearment like “butthead” and “little fart.” Please let me be clear: I adore my rooster. I spoil him rotten. I’m not getting rid of my chickens.

Don't leave, please @SweetTree ...I want to hear and see the results.
Just ignore the BS.

Please don't leave because of one persons post. I believe the majority of us use the same type of endearments for our family members including our chickens. As for the collar, no I wouldn't use it, no need to here. But you do what works for you. There are people who use the collar or they wouldn't be in business. We can offer opinions and experiences but you still need to do what you feel is right and works for your situation. I wish I had a sweet rooster. Mine is in a bachelor pad so I don't have to deal with his nonsense.

Interesting! How does one get certified as a chicken whisperer? Is there a school you go to? Who provides the certification? Is it an accredited school? How many hours of classes are required? Where is the school located, I wanta go! When I taught dog obedience I called my methods Dogspeak, but it never occurred to me to certify myself as a Dogspeaker although my methods were unique.... maybe I should, at that.
I definitely call the woman who came out to train my dog one day a dog whisperer. I rescued Ruby from the pound. She had been abandoned on a country road and stayed there for 10 days waiting for them to come back for her. Finally animal control trapped her. She didn’t trust anyone and wouldn’t allow anyone on my property. I was ready to take her back to the pound. Then I found Deb. She came to the house and spent 3 1/2 hours with us and when she left Ruby was a different dog. I’ve had her for 4 yrs now and everyone always tells me what a good dog she is. I know she is still a special needs dog but she knows when she has to behave.

We don’t use those terms as terms of endearment around here, but I did have a cockerel named Butthead. In the end he made a really good broth. I have not been able to tolerate cockerels who harmed my hens or pullets in the past, but with potentially 3 very young cockerels this time, I have decided to try a bachelor pad. So far I really love these little cuties. Butthead was one from the beginning, pecking at his siblings even though they were raised by their mama hen. As soon as he was big enough he even started challenging his mama. He was a beauty but he was not nice. I had to cull him to save my hens. Then I learned about bachelor pads.

Interesting! How does one get certified as a chicken whisperer? Is there a school you go to? Who provides the certification? Is it an accredited school? How many hours of classes are required? Where is the school located, I wanta go! When I taught dog obedience I called my methods Dogspeak, but it never occurred to me to certify myself as a Dogspeaker although my methods were unique.... maybe I should, at that.
Awww c'mon ... we're ALL certifiable here on BYC ... just ask our kids and our :eek:ther halves," and they'll tell you, straight up, "Yup, he/she's certifiable, all right!"

Back
Top Bottom