Finished the baby quilt for my nephew (pics!)!!!

ChevygirlBeth

Songster
11 Years
Aug 21, 2008
The Hills of Eastern Ohio
I finally finished my baby quilt for my sister's little baby boy last week. It took me about a month and a half to complete (around work and farming). It was machine pieced and hand quilted. I know it's not perfect (it's only my 3rd quilt so far), but I had a lot of fun working on this quilt! I now feel kind of lost not carrying it around with me so I could work on it any time I was sitting still!
IMG_2906.jpg

Here's a close up of the barnyard fabric... it has chickens on it!
IMG_2925.jpg

Oh and here's a picture of the recipient, my little nephew, Lane. Isn't he absolutely adorable?
Lane.jpg

Wow, that is really very nice!! I have never tried hand quilting, is it very hard and do you follow a pattern or just freehand it? Amazing job!!!
woot.gif
Your nephew is such a cutie pie! My nephew is also named Lane.

Thanks everyone!!
smile.png
Oh and I forgot to mention... Lane is 2 months old today! I am in love with that little guy... and so is DH (now he thinks we need one of our own!! I'm trying to convince him to wait a little while, we've only been married a little over 3 months!)

Quote:
Yes it does... but it also feels empty! I get attached to them! I guess that means it is time to start on the next project.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I don't find it hard to do (although I do beat up my fingers because I often forget to use my thimble). I didn't have a pattern... I kind of make things up as I go. I use a fabric marker or pencil to hand draw whatever I want to quilt. On this one I made cursive L's in the large squares and barns and fences around the border. I got more creative with this one than the others I have made. Your nephew is a named Lane, too! How neat is that? How old is he?

Back
Top Bottom