First chickens and now piglets

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I can just see you! Trying to show no expression, keep him busy, and slip out and shoo off the goat! (Hey, you could have blamed a cat! ) Too funny about not buying the insurance!

Alaskan Crew- would the predators problems Ozark Hen mentioned be in the form of big, tall, 4 paws, big teeth? Locally known here as Bear? Do you share pictures? I have always wanted to visit Alaska, kinda, most times, at least not in the winter.
frow.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I put my male goats in with the pigs during the Summer. They're big enough that the pigs can't bother them. The goats can reach blackberries which are higher and they pull the vines down to where the pigs can then stomp them to death. It's a great combo.

I got my first three weaner pigs home last night, but it was late and after dark. I opened the canopy of the pickup to hand them out to my wife. One lept past my head and off into the darkness. We got the other two contained, then looked in vain for an hour for the 3rd piglet.

We had also gotten a puppy yesterday, so we had a 1000 things going on at once. So we gave up.

Come 7 am this morning, I get a call from my neighbor with the ominous greeting, "You aren't missing any pigs are you?"
lol.png

No damage done and they are now contained. At least for the next 15 minutes until they find other ways to squeel out. I forgot what a pain they can be at this age.

1280_dsc02826.jpg

this was taken today. Juno, the black one loves to have her back scratched and they run to the gate when they hear my voice now. You would think, ahhhh how sweet they like her............not............they just love food.
lau.gif

ok...been gone 2 weeks...and I know pigs grow fast!...so where are the updated photo's?
the rev. called about fencing supplies today....we are set to get our pigs soon!
smile.png

This was taken July 17th. Yes, they are growing fast. I put the duck's kiddie pool in with the pigs, my goodness you would have thought it was Christmas!!
DSC02911.jpg

Back
Top Bottom