First chickens and now piglets

now I feel like it's a farm...well, almost.
lol.png
Here we sit in the middle of 82 acres and only have chickens, guineas, ducks and now pigs..oh, and seven Shih-Tzu! I want a calf but milk replacement is so high now as is the calf. We can better afford pigs right now so one step at a time.
wink.png

We call ours either "Pig" or "Mr Wu" (from Deadwood). But, honestly, they all get nicknames and we both understand them without realizing we're naming them. Last year was "Porceta" and "Hungry McGhee" to name a couple.

Keep the pigs on dirt, off concrete and out under the wonderful sun and you will get amazing pork.

love.gif
They are adorable! Please tell me how it goes with them!
And take lots of pictures!

I have a good friend who is a missionary, she told me of a story last week, one of their church members brought them a piglet to church, they put it in a makeshift cage in the back of the church, (just till church was over)...anyway, that little thing got loose, and caused havoc!
lau.gif

She said there she was, her husband, and the church members who weren't laughing to hard chasing the pig around pews, then out the door, and down the dirt road!
Animals...don't ya love'em?!!!

Edited to ad: The church pews are only boards sitting on blocks, I will try to find a picture of them. Thought you might find that interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good one Gwen
lau.gif

Greyfields, we will do just that, thanks.
smile.png

Alaskan..Donna--YOU NAMED THEM
gig.gif

Thanks to all, I will post more pics of them tonight. They were up all night last night...probably the move and all, and today after I put pine shavings and then filled the dog house with fresh straw...love the smell of hay and straw!...they slept away the afternoon!

yippiechickie.gif
Waiting for more photo's...tonight is my night to do what I want....well, if you don't count supper, dishes, answering the 300 questions per half hour from little ones, fix their problems, settle disputes,...
roll.png

Like I said...this is my night!

I love Charlotte's Web, we watched both movies and cartoons. We have the book!
Worry about the food part later...
tongue.png

Gwen you are a hoot!! Click on pics to enlarge them. Hey, Rob, I like the new upload program! Much easier and faster than photobucket. thank you

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom