Pics

littlecollier

Songster
Apr 4, 2018
Portland, Oregon
Hello!

After 5+ years of contemplating, planning and preparing for ducklings, we are finally ready to attempt our first hatch! I’m absolutely thrilled.

I’ve been lurking around BYC for some time and love the community and support it offers.

Friends of ours have a pair of Ancona ducks and have generously offered us eggs. In our city we are allowed up to three ducks so I plan on attempting with four eggs seeing as I doubt we will have anywhere near 100% success.

Our incubator and hygrometer arrive today and we will be getting them set up and settled over the next few days with a goal of setting on Friday (and ultimately around a Friday hatch so we can have the weekend to imprint!)

Will post photos and updates along the way! Cross your fingers and toes for us, we will need all the luck we can get! :love

XOXO,
C.

sSig_welcome4.gif

049.gif
big-heart.gif

Incubator has been plugged in for a day now, seems to be more consistent with the temperature read. Depending on which reading I’m trusting, it seems to be right around 99.5F.

As for humidity it was hovering around 40% so I added two pieces of wet sponge (saw that suggestion on a few sites and incubator reviews) and now mysteriously the reading shows 35%

:idunno

Back
Top Bottom