Pics
I am disabled and chronic pain . When I start a tank it helps me forget at least for a little while just how bad it is. Of course I take tons of breaks So dont pay me by the hr. ! bahaha

Aw I’m sorry to hear that! But I’m glad the tanks help :love :hugs I really need to finish setting mine up. My fish deserve it Haha plus I already have the stuff. It’d be pretty easy I think too but I remember I tried setting the lids up and couldn’t figure it out and gave up :lau :oops:

Aw I’m sorry to hear that! But I’m glad the tanks help :love :hugs I really need to finish setting mine up. My fish deserve it Haha plus I already have the stuff. It’d be pretty easy I think too but I remember I tried setting the lids up and couldn’t figure it out and gave up :lau :oops:
those little square things ? Ya, that calls for a teenager. Twist and snap easy right ? Umm, so easy I am gonna let you do it for me. (convo w/ my son)
Im off to bed. Sweet dreams . Thanks for letting me crash your thread.

I would like to get fish again... I started in ‘93(?) as a pre teen with a betta I hid in my dresser named “Ice”. He was blue, lived almost 5 years, and would jump and loved being petted/stroked. As I expanded into larger tanks things got more troublesome, eventually ending with a nasty ick infection in my 75 gallon tank. I would love to start up again... and have been eyeing those petsmart bettas , but until I have a house with some temperature and electric stability I’m refraining. Love the thread though, it brings back many fond memories. And I would love to start up again.

How I like to decorate is get a mental picture of somewhere I have been outside. Remember how that tree crooked off to the left and I stumbled over that little rock . Then put that in the tank.

That is an amazing idea! :love

I have a bunch of lava rocks currently but haven’t put them in yet and I think I have some mopani too and had live plants but sure theyre dead as I never opened them and I got them in November. :oops: the needing to soak is what’s putting me off from doing it haha

those little square things ? Ya, that calls for a teenager. Twist and snap easy right ? Umm, so easy I am gonna let you do it for me. (convo w/ my son)
Im off to bed. Sweet dreams . Thanks for letting me crash your thread.

I’m not sure what kind it is but it’s one of those full lids and I have no clue how to do it :lau super embarrassing and frustrating.

Goodnight! Hope you have good dreams too :hugs

and you didn’t crash it!! Always welcome! :) :hugs

I would like to get fish again... I started in ‘93(?) as a pre teen with a betta I hid in my dresser named “Ice”. He was blue, lived almost 5 years, and would jump and loved being petted/stroked. As I expanded into larger tanks things got more troublesome, eventually ending with a nasty ick infection in my 75 gallon tank. I would love to start up again... and have been eyeing those petsmart bettas , but until I have a house with some temperature and electric stability I’m refraining. Love the thread though, it brings back many fond memories. And I would love to start up again.

Ice sounds amazing!! Haha I hope you can start up again eventually! For now, I am glad the thread is bringing back good memories. :)

Fish are the best. I've kept at least one aquarium running for the past 17 years. I've had up to 7 going at once lol. I've kept lots of species over the years. I don't do salt water. My thing is aquascaping and nature aquariums. I'm really into nano fish at the moment. Nothing special but I have a little endler breeding project going and plan on setting up a 250 gallon pond this year. I live in coastal Louisiana so I enjoy collecting and raising natives as well.

Fish are the best. I've kept at least one aquarium running for the past 17 years. I've had up to 7 going at once lol. I've kept lots of species over the years. I don't do salt water. My thing is aquascaping and nature aquariums. I'm really into nano fish at the moment. Nothing special but I have a little endler breeding project going and plan on setting up a 250 gallon pond this year. I live in coastal Louisiana so I enjoy collecting and raising natives as well.

Thats so amazing!! I’m jealous haha I’ve always thought the natural tanks were so beautiful. :love wish I was that creative haha I am hoping to make a pond this year for my goldfish but we’ll see haha cracked my 75 with my crazy driving :lau

Thats so amazing!! I’m jealous haha I’ve always thought the natural tanks were so beautiful. :love wish I was that creative haha I am hoping to make a pond this year for my goldfish but we’ll see haha cracked my 75 with my crazy driving :lau
Sometimes my tanks get a little....too natural :lau
I do like soil and live plants, wood and rock. My tanks definitely don't rival a takashi amano tank but I enjoy them all the same lol.
That's terrible about your 75 gallon. Transporting tanks is no fun. I hope you go for the pond idea some day! Fish love to be outdoors. This is the first big pond I'll be doing but I've been "summer tubbing" for years. Moving fish outside in tubs for the summer and bringing them back inside for the winter months. It really gets my fish in good breeding condition.

Back
Top Bottom